What baking can I do with Peanuts

sonic70, Feb 20, 11:33pm
Hi there.I am looking for yummy baking that I can use peanuts in and that is able to be put in the freezer.Thanks in advance.

kath33, Feb 21, 12:52am
Old fashioned peanut brownies are hard to beat.Lightly roast the peanuts first and use twice as much peanuts as the recipe suggests. Recipe can be found in the Edmonds Cookbook and i'm sure will be online. YUM YUM.

lx4000, Feb 21, 1:46am
search here for Dutch Apple Cake and Breakfast Muffins. Both freeze well and taste Fantastic!

pheebs1, Feb 21, 1:48am
Peanut Caramel Squares 125g butter;1/2 cup sugar;1 egg yolk;1 cup plain flour;1/4 cup s.r flour;2 tbsp custard powder;1/4 tsp salt.
TOPPING:1/2 cup brown sugar,lightly packed;1 tbsp golden syrup;90g butter;125g roasted,unsalted peanuts. Cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy,add egg yolk,mix well.Add sifted flours,custard powder & salt,mix to a firm dough.Press into 18x28cm lamington tin.Bake in mod oven 15 mins cont.

or until golden brown Remove from oven and spread with topping,return to oven for a further five minutes.Allow to cool in tin. Cut into squares.
TOPPING:Place brown sugar,golden syrup and butter in a small saucepan,stir over low heat until butter is melted and sugar dissolved.Simmer gently five mins. Stir in roughly chopped peanuts.

brianmac

pasted from the slice thread for you

sonic70, Feb 21, 3:45am
Fantasic thank you all very much

elsha00, Feb 21, 5:43am

kaddiew, Feb 21, 8:33am
I do exactly the same. And they freeze really well. Can even eat them straight fromm the freezer.