Baking something new each week

rainbowpride, Jun 19, 12:51am
Well last week I made little jaffa cakes and white chocolate and macadamia cookies from the baking thread.

I took these to work and got great feedback on the cookies but people felt the jaffa cakes were a bit dry.

This week we have made black bottom cupcakes and well the boys have waited eagerly for these to come out of the oven and wolfed a couple down and then they asked for more so I would say they are a great success.

Im looking to see what else I want to make as I have banana's that really need to be used.

kabbo, Jun 19, 4:33am
i've been baking a lot lately, but not necessarily new things.
today i made hokey pokey biscuits, (actually that is new for me - havent make them before).
last week i made cinnamon pinwheel scones - havent made them for donkeys years - very yummy.
week before i made chocolate cake.

marcs, Jun 19, 7:35am
If you use the search box on the left hand side, you would be suprised as to what you will come up with

kob, Jun 19, 6:06pm
oh my god the world is your oyster when it comes to baking, have you seen the ''Ive just done the weekeeds baking thread'' that thread has been going for 8 years and has loads o recipes, you cook something dif every week and never rereate lol

gardie, Jun 19, 6:50pm
Could you please bump it kob - can't seem to find it.Thanks.

griffo4, Jun 20, 5:52am
With this place you will never make the same thing for years to come,lol
There are soooo many recipes here that l was looking back through my folder today and saw how many recipes l have made and then not made again as something new comes up on here
Friends ask me about certain things l have made and it takes me ages to think what is was and find the recipe but l haven't had so much fun baking in years and l just wish it had been around when our kids were little but they don't complain about my baking now and all the new things l am making

rj5, Jun 20, 6:30am
what are black bottom cupcakes???

rainbowpride, Jun 25, 8:50pm
The black bottom cupcakes are in the Ive just done a weeks baking thread on page 43 and they were a hit I took some to work and they didnt last long.

This week I have made baked custards and whilst everyone else in the house enjoyed them I actually found them to taste a bit eggy so I went and had my weight watchers icecream bar instead lol

Today I am going to make wholemeal anzac biscuits and well something else healthyish but I havent decided what as everyone at work is complaining that I am making them fat but when I said I would stopbringing in food they all apologised and said they would never complain again. LOL

lx4000, Jun 25, 11:53pm
healthyish, well try this one:) These are really really nice!!

BREAKFAST MUFFINS

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups (275g) caster sugar
2 cups (300g) plain flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sultanas
1 cup desiccated coconut

2 cups grated carrot
1 cup grated apple

1 cup chopped walnuts

3 eggs

1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Icing sugar, to dust

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180degC.

2. Sift sugar, flour, cinnamon and powder into a large bowl.

Add sultanas, carrot, apple, coconut and walnuts.

In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, oil and vanilla.

3. Add to the dry ingredients and fold until just combined - do not over mix.

4. Spoon into muffin pans and bake for

25 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve dusted with icing sugar.

rainbowpride, Jun 26, 6:21am
lx4000 thanks for that recipe I will bake that for the work lot.I did also make cornish pasties today which was a first.I didnt use parsnips however but I did use kumera and they were lovely I had left over mix so I have added some mixed veges and put a potato and kumera top on for dinner tomorrow night.

rainbowpride, Jul 10, 9:44am
Well this week I have made chocolate macarons with a chocolate ganache and i have also made cream puffs filled with creme patisserie filling and they are to die for.Now to plan ahead and decide what to make next week.

griffo4, Jul 10, 10:21pm
rainbowpride just come in here regularly and you will have plenty of recipes to choose from l have a back log of recipes l want to try out ;-))

lx4000, Jul 10, 11:32pm
rainbowpride, how did the breakfast muffins go? Nice aye!!

lx4000, Jul 10, 11:33pm
these are nice with butter and fruit chuckney or butter and tomato!

Cheese Muffins/Puffs
2 eggs
water
1 C Grated Cheese
1 C veggies (I use corn onion with tomato on top)
pinch Salt
2 C Flour
3 tspn BP
1/4 - 1/2 tspn Cayenne Pepper if wished
Break eggs into 1 measuring Cup then fill with water to make 1 cup, then add another 1 C water. Mix.
Add veggies and cheese then mix.
Stir in salt, flour, cayenne pepper, BP until just mixed.
Spoon into muffin tins.
20 mins approx at 180.