Pancakes tonight?

sarahb5, Feb 20, 8:45pm
It is Shrove Tuesday after all - lemon & sugar on ours - anyone else having them!

rainrain1, Feb 20, 9:10pm
where do you shrove them!

sarahb5, Feb 20, 9:26pm
Where the sun don't shrine .

terachaos, Feb 20, 9:32pm
Yum; sounds like a plan!

elliehen, Feb 20, 10:09pm
Eat up all those worldly buttery, sugary things before tomorrow, Ash Wednesday, when you'll have to give up pancakes for Lent ;)

sarahb5, Feb 20, 10:15pm
We probably only have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday anyway so no worries there but will have to think of something else to give up!I didn't realise until last year though that Lent doesn't include Sundays so you can have whatever you've given up on Sunday - kind of defeats the object of the exercise really though

terachaos, Feb 20, 10:30pm
Give up pancakes have crepes instead!

sarahb5, Feb 20, 10:40pm
Not really sure what the difference is to be honest .

rainrain1, Feb 20, 10:54pm
that's what i thought :-)))

lindylambchops1, Feb 21, 1:00am
Happy Pancake Day!Hubby will be making ours.They will be served with the choice of fresh orange wedges, maple or golden syrup, Nutella, lemon curd or whatever we fancy!

Enjoy yours!

pheebs1, Feb 21, 1:35am
pancakes are light and fluffy
ie self raising flour
crepes are thin flat and great rolled up with a savoury or sweet filling

sarahb5, Feb 21, 2:46am
No, I don't mean the American fluffy-style pancakes - pancakes in our house are the flat thin ones served with lemon & sugar or rolled with a filling.I'm sure there probably is a difference but I have no idea what it is .I can't see any difference in the ingredients or recipe.

davidt4, Feb 21, 3:03am
A crêpe is a very thin lacy pancake.

terachaos, Feb 21, 3:17am
With caramelized orange and Cointreau or similar or brandy, flambé! Very 70s

rainrain1, Feb 21, 4:11am
Or with mixed seafood in a mornay sauce!

indy95, Feb 21, 4:19am
Otherwise known as Crepes Suzette ! Very 70's or may even 60's and absolutely scrumptious ! I remember having this at Plimmer House in Boulcott Street in the early 70's.