Cream free ice-cream recipe

Page 2 / 2
visionspring, Feb 25, 4:05am
If you are a low fatter then sorbet would be a good option - what about a nice plum sorbet! Seeing as they are everywhere and cheap at the moment:)

uli, Feb 25, 5:49am
bump for the last ice cream makers this year.

pgta, Feb 25, 6:08am
So don't eat it every night - we don't bother with dessert at all.

uli, Feb 25, 6:34am
See post 19 above.

liamjosh, Feb 25, 7:10am
I made a sorbet the other day with no sugar - 1 pineapple, 2 tbspn honey and 1/4 tsp cinnamon.Was delicious.

niffer13, Feb 25, 7:26am
uli wrote:

See post 19 above.

So you whip 300 mls cream 4 eggs & 100 mils sugar!

uli, Feb 25, 7:39am
1 pineapple = approx 300 calories and approx 100g of sugar
2 tablespoons of honey are = approx. 20g of carbs = sugar

So you have 120g of sugar there.
This is NOT a recipe "without sugar" - sorry to say!

wizardoo, Feb 26, 12:28am
My Icream machine recipe did not have cream but condense milk and it was still called ice cream it had eggs etc as well

flower-child01, Feb 26, 12:51am
My ice cream is light and delish. It has no cream.

3 c whole milk
1 tsp queen organic/natural vanilla essance
1/3 - 1/2 c sugar (whichever is preferred)
1 3/4 tsp gelatine

Sprinkle gelatine into one portion of the milk. Sit for five minutes, then add it along with the vanilla and sugar to a pot and warm it. Add it to the remainder chilled milk and add to your ice cream maker.

This tastes like bought vanilla ice cream, but much better for you, so entitles to double portion lol.

harrislucinda, Feb 26, 2:31am
usuallyyou seperatethewhitesandbeat,thenyolksthensugarbeataddflavorthenfreeze

sonja1, Feb 26, 3:52am
alson holsts recipe is the best,it is the one uli talks about above,have made it for over 35 yrs!

uli, Feb 26, 3:57am
That is correct.
You separate the eggs and whip the egg white, the cream and the egg yolks with sugar and whatever flavour you want (eg vanilla) in 3bowls, then fold it carefully together, so the air stays in the mix. Put into ice cream container and freeze. Finished.

daleaway, Feb 26, 4:05am
I posted this on the other ice cream thread last week, but it's a detailed version of the one Uli uses. Like sonja we've been making it for years:

EASY ICE CREAM
4 eggs, separated
1 bottle of cream (300ml)
1/2 cup caster sugar
Flavouring ( I use a few drops of vanilla and a few of coconut essence - can replace them with about 1 tbs of your favourite liqueur)

Bowl 1: Beat the egg whites till stiff, with half the sugar.
Bowl 2: Beat the egg yolks with the rest of the sugar, till pale and creamy.
Bowl 3: Beat the cream (and flavourings) till stiff.

Add bowl 3 to bowl 2, and stir to combine. Fold in contents of bowl 1, till smooth.

If wished, can add chocolate morsels, fresh or dried fruit at this stage - heck, add diced carrot if that floats your boat.

Freeze. Does not require additional beating.

niffer13, Feb 26, 8:49am
Thanks everyone. 300 mls of cream is better than 750mls!