Homemade Ice cream without an Ice cream Maker?

sarahw2, Feb 18, 8:45am
So whats an easy recipe please! I would LOVE to try and make some!

juice6, Feb 18, 9:37am
I was given this easy yummy recipe appropriately named 1, 2, 3 Icecream.

1 tin caramel (ususally found with condensed milk at supermarket)
2 bottles cream
3 crunchie bars
Whip cream and fold in caramel.Add broken up crunchie bars and freeze till set.

uli, Feb 18, 10:10pm
There are lovely recipes around - I have one too - but won't post it again as it took about 10 threads of abuse and a year to calm down after I said it was an old family recipe from Europe LOL :)

arabelle, Feb 18, 10:25pm
Uli it must have turned out as 'hot' cream then.If its using milk, would you then share, as I have goats, and keen to get a simple recipe so that my diet isnt just ricebubbles and milk.and ignore those that seem to make this forum their carpet beating chore.

uli, Feb 18, 10:49pm
No it is just cream, sugar and eggs plus whatever flavouring you like (Vanilla, chocolate, cinnamon etc).

vmax2, Feb 18, 10:53pm
A lot of people have asked me for my ice cream recipe which I get from Nourishing Traditions - Sally Fallon.I use this in my ice cream maker.But I believe it doesn't work well without an ice cream maker.So I'd be interested in anyone who can tell me how to make it without.

dreamers, Feb 18, 11:05pm
Our favorite
Lemon and Orange Icecream
6 egg yolks,225g castor sugar,Fine grated rind and juice of 2 small oranges,fine grated rind and juice of 1 lemon.500 mls cream
Beat egg yolks and sugar till creamy,gradually whisk in rind and juices.Whip the cream till it holds peaks and fold into egg mix,turn into a 2litre container and freeze.
This is lovely and creamy.

samanya, Feb 19, 1:24am
I remember that thread well, LOL.
you stated that you had introduced 'your' recipe to NZ 25 years ago & plenty of people said that their parent/grandparents in NZ had been using it much longer than that.

wildflower, Feb 19, 2:11am
1 can cond milk, 500ml cream,1 t vanilla essence and oreos.Beat cream and essence, fold in cond. milk then broken oreos and leave to set.Absolutely lovely.

The oreos could be substituted for anything you fancy.

uli, Feb 19, 3:36am
That's right - so let them and their parents and grandparents post it again LOL :)

uli, Feb 19, 3:38am
Or of course you could do wildflowers lovely mix of
1 can cond milk,
500ml cream,
1 t vanilla essence
and oreos.

"Absolutely lovely" according to her - good luck!

samanya, Feb 19, 4:51am
I'm sure they will .so what is your point in participating in this thread!

kob, Feb 19, 4:52am
nigella made one the other night , she whipped 300 mls of cream and then in another bowl she added 2 eggs, and 4 egg yolks and a 1/2 cup of runny honey.mix eggs and honey together and mix into the whipped cream, place into a gladwrap lined loaf pan and freeze for 4 hours and serve with chopped pistachio nuts and runny honey over top

kay141, Feb 19, 4:53am
That would be a great recipe for a party for those who can't or shouldn't eat raw eggs.

4meows, Feb 19, 4:54am
Can you post that recipe pretty please!

vmax2, Feb 19, 5:01am
This is the ingredients:
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp arrowroot
3 cups cream
Sometimes I make a berry ice cream:
2 cups berries
2 egg yolks
1 Tbsp arrowroot
2 cups cream
1/2 - 3/4 cup maple syrup.

Decide what method you want to use, but this recipe is designed for use in an ice cream maker.

4meows, Feb 19, 5:08am
Thank you!Sounds awesome!

davidt4, Feb 19, 5:46am
Here is another semi-freddo.

Semi-freddo Parfait Ice cream

Serves 12

8 egg yolks
1c sugar
1/2c water
3/8c liqueur or eau de vie
600ml cream

Beat yolks until thick.
Make syrup with sugar and water and cook to 220F.Slowly pour hot syrup into yolks and beat until thick, cold and falls in ribbons.

Whip cream and add liqueur.Fold into eggs, freeze without stirring.

Instead of syrup, use maple syrup and rum.