Home made crumbed chicken

mac81, Feb 7, 12:57am
Hello ladies, at what point would you put salt and pepper in - would you put it on the chicken, in the flour, in the egg - I forgot to put it in at all and tasted very bland.

60561, Feb 7, 12:59am
I've just done some and my recipe said to add s&p with the breadcrumbs.But I've also put with the flour aswell.

makespacenow, Feb 7, 2:12am
same i also add dried herbs and chilli powder.kids love smashing cornglakes in a plastic bag with a rolling pin and adding to breadcrumbs makes it extra crunchy

purplegoanna, Feb 7, 2:56am
i mix it in with the breadcrumbs and chicken stock and a pinch of curry powder and thats that.

52many, Feb 7, 3:12am
Add a good dash of celery salt as well.just gives it that something else.

nzl99, Feb 7, 5:29am
Both.

angie117, Feb 7, 10:46pm
Try 2c cornflakes, 1 c parameson cheese, 2 tbsp parsley put it into food processor and wizz together. Then flour, egg your chicken breasts and press into the crumbs. its a lovely crunchy tasty topping for chicken. I then bake them in the oven for approx 20min.

beebs, Feb 8, 12:50am
i season each step, flour, egg and coating

jbsouthland, Feb 8, 3:28am
we just buy Diamond Coat and cook in a blue box and yummy.sprinkle some into a plastic bag .add chicken piece at a time .shake .light coating.baked in the oven.yummy.my homemade KFC .sort of .actually nicer.

littleblackhen, Feb 8, 10:01am
Yes Diamond coat n cook is brilliant,but we love this better,Global Cuisines Southern Fried Chicken (light blue pkt) it a big hit in our family,quite often requested.

phoebee, Feb 9, 3:02am
If you like the chicken spicy, crush up tangy corn chips and use that as the coating, it is really tasty.