Meal/snack ideas for teen boys.

patch2112, Feb 6, 1:05am
got 4 of them here regularly.Any cheapish ideas to fill them up!

vintagekitty, Feb 6, 1:10am
Mine eat 2 min noodles, filled rolls/sammies, cereal, yoghurt and fruit. If cooking a roast chicken for example, I will cook a extra for rolls

goodluck - teenage boys can eat loads!

vintagekitty, Feb 6, 1:10am
Mine eat 2 min noodles, filled rolls/sammies, cereal, yoghurt and fruit. If cooking a roast chicken for example, I will cook a extra for rolls. When it gets cooler, you can't go wrong with a big pot of soup.

goodluck - teenage boys can eat loads!

chatsmom, Feb 6, 1:28am
Buy pizza bases and make your own up or toastie machine toasties. Spaghetti & bb on toast.
If you have the pizza hut cheap days buy some up and freeze them. The reheat well.

male_timaru, Feb 6, 1:30am
Marmite and cheese toasties with baked beans - WINNER every time

Guaranteed

male_timaru, Feb 6, 1:30am
Marmite and cheese toasties with baked beans - WINNER every time

Guaranteed cheapest option - 4 boys total cost of $20 for a whole morning/afternoons snacks

vintagekitty, Feb 6, 1:39am
oh yes as chatsmom mentioned pizza.

If you have a domino's near, on tues they have lge pizza's for $4.90. I will buy a few of those sometimes and they will have slices for lunch

sarahb5, Feb 6, 2:06am
Jerky or salami sticks are popular here, 2 minute noodles are a rarity because they're not very filling, cereal, corn chips and salsa, English muffins with marmite or jam, toasties, monkey rolls, corn on the cob, fruit, carrots (yeah I do have one that will eat a raw carrot from choice!), bacon sandwiches, spaghetti on toast or in toasties (mine don't like baked beans unfortunately), occasionally I buy those pizza subs or if there are buns or rolls on special when I go to the supermarket I get those - mine love the pizza bread or cheese & bacon rolls plus mine bake - not unusual for me to come home to find they've made a brownie or pikelets

vintagekitty, Feb 6, 2:11am
I buy the lge rolls of salami, do you find the sticks ok pricewise!. I know mine can wack off big chunks of the stuff.

duckmoon, Feb 6, 2:17am
Frozen pies, two min noodles, toasted sandwiches

norse_westie, Feb 6, 2:37am
Eggs: omlette, scrambled on toast. Poached.
Lots of wholegrain toast and a large tin of baked beans.

rj5, Feb 6, 3:41am
Im with the scrambled eggs, they are good for them and fill them up, I also buy pita breads and make them into pizza's, you can put tomato relish on the bottom with some cheese and bacon or whatever you have there, also hamburger buns cut in half and topped with spaghetti or creamed corn, then cheese on top and cooked in oven- lots of 2 minute noodles are'nt good for kids yes they are cheap but fattening

connor2003, Feb 6, 4:36am
2 minute noodles, cooked and add a tin of tuna/salmon.Yummy.
Also get a round bread bun, cut top off, scoop out some of bread in middle break an egg into scooped out area, put lid back on and back for 10 minutes.You can add cheese to this or leave as is.

mackenzie2, Feb 6, 4:41am
In winter used to have a big pot of soup, ready and some homemade bread, for after school/before sports practices. Otherwize it used to be buns, pizza, fruit & vege platters, 2min noddles (not filling) Pasta with leftover's either as a salad or hot, sav's big pot of mince with lots of grated vege was a good thing to have in the fridge for on toast, nachos, spag bog, Cheese straws and cheese toasties, Sausage rolls, My 4 lads certainly ate alot after school, so was always looking for ways to fill cheaply.

sarahb5, Feb 6, 5:35am
The sticks are handy for school or at the beach - that way they don't taint the rest of whatever is in your lunch box

sarahb5, Feb 6, 5:36am
Oh and only one of my boys likes eggs and neither of them particularly like cheese

elsha00, Feb 6, 6:49am
I find it helps to make freezable goods over the weekend and freeze them for the week. My boys just pop them out of the freezer and heat them up after school. Here's a couple of recipes I use.
http://culinarylove.weebly.com/sausage-rolls.html http://culinarylove.weebly.com/spinach-and-feta-parcels.html

sarahb5, Feb 6, 7:51am
I don't bake for my boys anymore - they do it themselves.They're the ones eating it so they're the ones who know what they want to eat - for my eldest the snacks very often need to be really quick but substantial enough to last him through an hour and a half of high intensity training but I do notice he's taking a lot more lunch now than he used to do so is getting better and keeping himself well fed during the day.