ANyone know an eggplant curried pickle as

m41, Jan 19, 8:08am
i had some at friends whom got it from someone and would love a recipe to try my own , anyone know what im talking about !

malcovy, Jan 19, 8:46am
There is a recipe on here posted month or so back and it is indeed delicious, it is now my son's and his girlfriend's favourite.He and she are both foodies and she is a food editor so it was a nice pat on the back for me and a pat on the back for the person that posted it.I will search this recipe out.
Just making some chutney thread bumped.

richard198, Jan 19, 10:04am
Aubergine brinjal bhajee recipe
Ingredients for Brinjal bhaji
Serves 4
1 brinjal-or-aubergine (egg plant), washed
½ tsp black-mustard-seeds
½ pint (225 ml) brown-stuff
½ green-chilli-finely-chooped
1 tomato, coarsely-chopped
1 tbsp ghee, for-frying
1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely-chopped
½ tsp fennel-seeds
½ tsp chilli-powder
½ tbsp curry-leaves
½ tsp turmeric
Method of cooking Brinjal bhaji recipes

Slice the brinjal into rings of ½ inch thick & place the brinjal rings on a preheated griddle pan & cook for 3 minutes ,turn the side & cook again .Allow the brinjal rings to get cooled & then cut them into small squares (dice) .
Heat-the-ghee until its medium heat & add the mustard seed ,as soon as they start to crackle add chilli & spices . Fry them for 30 seconds & add the brown-stuff,curry-leaves after cooking it for 5 minutes add brinjal ,chopped tomato & coriander ,cook for another 5 minute until the tomato has softened ,Add salt if necessary .Serve hot .Baigan Bhaji| is ready now

richard198, Jan 19, 10:06am
Before you ask; this the recipe for "Brown stuff"!

Note that you will need a food processor or blender for this recipe. The whole process takes about 2½ hours so you’ll need a bit of time and a few beers to hand.

1Onions, garlic and ginger boiling away
In a large, heavy bottomed pan, gently fry the onion, garlic, ginger & chilli in 1 tbsp oil for about 10 minutes, until softened and slightly browned. Add the water and simmer gently with the lid on, for one hour. Remove the lid and allow the mixture to cool down a bit.

2Whizzed tomato and spices gently frying
Meanwhile whizz the tomatoes in a food processor for 2 minutes – essential for absolute smoothness. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the spices for 30 seconds. Mix in the tomato purée and add the whizzed tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes, making sure nothing sticks.

Take the cooled onion mixture a bit at a time and whiz up in the food processor, again making sure it is absolutely smooth. Finally, add to the tomato and spices and simmer for another 20 minutes. A scum will appear on the surface of the sauce – try to remove this as it forms.

Using the sauce

The sauce basically replaces the tomatoes, onion, garlic and ginger in a curry. So to make your favourite dish, simply brown the meat or vegetables with a spice mixture of your choice, and add the brown stuff. Simmer for 20 minutes and you’re ready to eat!

lynan, Jan 20, 11:22am
Try an Eggplant Kasundi, wonderful Indian condiment. I have not made it but have made the Tomato Kasundi a few times.

richard198, Jan 20, 9:24pm
I'll look that one up.
Strictly speaking, Brijal bhaji isn't a pickle but I thought OP may be interested.

guest, Jan 11, 6:09am
An inielltgent answer - no BS - which makes a pleasant change

guest, Jan 13, 12:52pm
Hi Rumana.. Nice little blog you have... came ascors through Anjana's space Mayeeka. Glad to follow you, do visit my space for participation in running events.. :)

guest, Jan 14, 7:48pm
Hi, this looks lovely... egalngpt has always been my favourite... Glad to have bumped onto your blog... Lovely recipe collection... Will be back for more..Reva