Inspiration please.

tjman, Jan 19, 2:56am
I would like some ideas for pork chops please.I think they are pretty boring, but the man likes them.I usually bake with some paprika. help.

raewyn64, Jan 19, 3:13am
usually I just grill them plain.
But I have also put them in a casserole dish with a pork cook in the pot and a tin of peaches (or apricots) and cook them that way.
Then serve on rice.

fisher, Jan 19, 3:22am
Ginger Pork Chops
Dredge pork chops in flour seasoned with 1 tsp paprika,. 1 tsp powdered ginger., salt and pepper.
Fry in butter until golden brown on both sides.
Place in a baking dish and pour over one cup pineapple juice combined with 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp paprika, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar
and 1 tbsp sugar.Bake until done.Thicken gravy with a little cornflour.

fisher, Jan 19, 3:23am
Spicy Baked Pork Chops
Pre-heat oven to 180C
In a bowl mix,equal quantities of balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar and olive oil. .Place chops in baking dish, pour over the mixture.
Cover with sliced red onions and bake. Best to marinade the chops in the mix for an hour or so beforehand or overnight.

fisher, Jan 19, 3:25am
Parcelled Pork Chops
Pre-heat oven to 180C
Ingredients:
4pork chops.25g butter.1 med onio.n225g sliced fresh mushrooms.90mls cider or apple juice .2 tbsp lemon juice.
150g sour cream.salt and pepper.
Method:
Trim off rind and grill separately.Melt butter in frying pan and brown the chops well.Remove chops and put on a large piece of tinfoil.
Add onion and mushrooms to the juices left in pan and cook few mins. Stir in cider or apple juice, lemon juice and bring to boil.
Reduce the liquid over high heat till reduced by half and remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream. Season well.
Place a quarter of the mushroom mixture on top of each chop. Shape the foil into a neat parcel and seal well.
Put parcels in a oven dish and bake for 40 - 50mins at 180c ( not fanbake ).

fisher, Jan 19, 3:27am
Stuffed Pork Chops
Ingredients:
4 tbsp ricotta cheese., 4 sun dried tomatoes - those preserved in olive oil,. pile of washed sage leaves., 1 tbsp capers.
Method:
Mix all of the ingredients using about 5 fine chopped sage leaves. Make a slice in the side of each chop to create a pocket and stuff the filling inside. Secure with a wet toothpick. Brush each chop with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay a bed of sage leaves in the pan for each chop and fry them gently. Cook until browned and meat just cooked through turning once.
Serve with roasted vegetables, (red/green capsicum, kumara, potato, carrots, pumpkin ) cut into smallish chunks and smothered with olive oil and salt and pepper. Steamed silverbeet or beans smothered in butter for a green side.

valentino, Jan 19, 4:18am
Another nice one to add.

Pork chops with sage

4 pork chops
salt and pepper
15 fresh sage leaves
handful flatleaf parsley
2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
2 tbsps pure olive oil
3-4 tbsps plain flour
salt and white pepper
3⁄4 cup dry white wine
mashed kumara or potato and just-boiled broccoli for serving

Cut the fat from the chops, then slice off the skin.
Dice the fat small and put aside.
Score the skin in a diamond pattern and rub a little salt into the top surface.
Cut a slit in the side of each chop, parallel with the chopping board, and slide three sage leaves into each.
Chop the remaining leaves with the parsley and place in a shallow bowl with garlic and olive oil.
Add the chops and turn, pressing the chopped herbs into the surface, and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if preparing the dish ahead.
To cook the meal, melt the diced fat in a heavy frypan on a low heat and remove the brown bits with a slotted spoon (they make an illicit ‘‘chef’s perk’’).
Place the flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
Remove the chops from the marinade and press into the flour.
Cook on both sides in the melted fat until golden, then pour off any excess.
Add the white wine, bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until the chops are very tender, adding more wine if necessary.
While they cook, grill or bake the pork skin to make crackling and prepare the mashed kumara or potato and broccoli.
Place the vegetables on heated plates, add the chops, reduce the sauce a little if necessary and pour over the top.

Serve with mash.

tjman, Jan 19, 4:32am
Thank you all for some great recipes.I will try later when I have all the ingredients for them, but for now I have ingredients for "fisher" recipe.off cooking see ya guys