Chicken Mince, I need some inspiration please

Page 1 / 2
melandco, Sep 9, 1:30am
No sauce, basically cook everything up, sans cream cheese, let it cool and then add a punnet of cream cheese.Stuff the cannelloni and place in a greased dish.Cover using a pasta sauce of choice add some grated cheese and pop into the oven.

cookessentials, Sep 9, 3:29am
I have a nice recipe for chicken patties that i have not made in ages. From memory, they have bacone wrapped around the outer edge. i shall find it tonight when I get home and post it for you.

fey, Sep 9, 3:34am
I use it (although I don't buy it as mince but as chicken breasts or thighs and make my own) to make Japanese dumplings.It's one of those recipes that looks incredibly complicated and is so simple its hard to comprehend.The hardest part is finding the gyoza or gow gee wrappers.

wellyamerican, Sep 6, 11:56am
Hi, i have recently purchased some chicken mince and made some meatballs to put in the freezer. What I found was that the mince was rather moist and very hard to make into meatballs. Does anyone have any special chicken mince recipes that they would like to share. I have thought about chicken meatloaf, and lasagne made with it also.....thanks in advance

cap, Sep 6, 9:52pm
x1
I like to brown it and add some seasonings and a little light cream cheese to moisten it and then using filo pastry make tiny little "bon bon" parcels and bake until the filo is golden.

vix.tribe, Sep 6, 10:01pm
You can eat chicken mince?!?!?

wellyamerican, Sep 6, 11:24pm
I am sure you can, I purchased it along side the mince in Pac n Save, so it's not pet food...lol

fifie, Sep 6, 11:34pm
Times are changing, i use it for making dog stews only lol, i must have been left behind in the cooking dept somewhere..

vix.tribe, Sep 6, 11:59pm
Me too fifie.... I buy it from the butchers for $2 a roll. But it has "pet food only" on it. I didn't realise you could get a people version.

sara134, Sep 7, 12:51am
chicken noodle patties

200g packet udon noodles
400g chicken mince
3 green onions , thinly sliced
1 small carrot , finely grated
1/2 cups soft fresh breadcrumbs (process 1 slice of bread for 1/2 cup crumbs)
2 tablespoons of oil
sweet chilli sauce to serve and what ever you want for a side.

Soak noodles in boiling water for 1 min , stir to separate.use kitchen scissors to snip noddles into short lengths.Add mince , onion , carrot and bread crumbs to drained noodles.Mix well.Shape into patties.

Heat oil in pan over moderately high heat.Cook patties for 4-5 mintues on each side or until cooked through.YUM! :)

so quick and simple.We just love them.

wellyamerican, Sep 7, 3:35am
Thanks sara134, sounds yum I will give these a go.

cap, Sep 7, 4:24am
Well the chicken mince I buy is definitely for human consumption and you can easily make it yourself.You can get beef mince, lamb mince and pork mince so why not chicken mince?It also makes lovely burgers and is a low fat alternative to ordinary mince if you make it with skinless chicken breasts.

wellyamerican, Sep 7, 4:27am
Hi cap, does the chicken mince you purchase happen to be very moist? I tried to make meatballs, but even with alot of breadcrumbs, the mix was still very moist and very hard to form balls...........

sara134, Sep 7, 5:08am
It normally is quite moist wellyamerican :)

pickles7, Sep 7, 7:05pm
wellyamerican ....you with us still????I wouldn't use it to feed my cat, in case my dog ate it.

motorbo, Sep 7, 7:34pm
i love making thai chicken patties with a dipping sauce, i also brown it and add to my mix for spring rolls.

motorbo, Sep 7, 7:35pm
Ingredients
1 chicken breast or equal amount of chicken mince
30g/1oz fresh coriander
1 lime, juice only
½ red chilli
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method
1. Preheat a medium frying pan.
2. Place the chicken breast, seasoning, coriander, lime juice and chilli in a food processor. Blitz until combined and minced.
3. Form the minced chicken into three small patties.
4. Heat the olive oil in the frying pan. Add the patties and fry for 3 minutes, either
side.
5. Serve with a dipping sauce of your own choice.

cap, Sep 7, 8:12pm
Wellyamerican - I haven't found it to be overly moist but I usually add breadcrumbs if I am going to make burger patties with them.

wellyamerican, Sep 8, 1:18am
Thanks for the recipes, keep them coming

melandco, Sep 8, 1:33am
I use it to make homemade nuggets, spring rolls and I also mix it with cream cheese, basil, parmesan, garlic and cracked black pepper and put it in cannelloni tubes...it tastes divine!

wellyamerican, Sep 8, 3:07am
Thats does sound divine, what kind of sauce do you use to go with?

fishaboy, Sep 8, 3:54am
We always use chicken mince for our nachos.

poppy62, Sep 8, 6:21am
Great for a meat loaf too!Use mince chicken and minced bacon in it - very yum!

motorbo, Sep 8, 6:25am
recently have been buying turkey mince, per kg the price is quite good, and its tasty

martine5, Sep 8, 6:25am
The healthy food guide uses lots of (good quality ie low fat) mince in its recipes.I like to cook up some chicken mince with onions and garlic and then add char sui sauce or if you can't find it hoi sin (lee kum kee brand)here is the site http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/