My Latest Cake

Page 2 / 2
eastie3, Jan 19, 5:44am
I'd like to see your other cakes too motgirl,if you could post a link to yr FB.

loulou104, Jan 19, 5:53am
How much satin ice would i need to make a decent size rugby shirt! It's sold in kilo buckets on here. Does it taste nice! You are very talented. Do you sell any of your cakes!

ibcreative, Jan 19, 5:56am
If you open the link above & click on the link that says marthamakescakes photostream you can see 3 pages of her cakes.

goodbooks, Jan 19, 6:12am
Wow. very cool :-)

motgirl, Jan 19, 6:25am
loulou, not sure how much you would need, this calculator may help:
http://www.globalsugarart.com/!id=24
looking at a sheet cake 9x13" @2" high it says 40oz which is about 1.2kg. It is expensive to use on a big cake like that.

The Bakels black that you can get in the foil packs in NZ isn't too bad.

You can also make your own by starting with the pre- bought chocolate fondant and adding black gel colouring paste to it.It is a bit of a messy job but comes up okay but you should wrap securely in glad wrap and ziplock bag and let it rest a couple of days before using. Be warned with most black fondant you will get some temporary staining of tongues/mouths when eaten :)
You can also stretch your bucket of Satin Ice by adding some of your home coloured or other brand fondant to it.
As for taste of SI, some people rave about it but I personally prefer Bakels taste. Smells good though.

seniorbones, Jan 19, 7:10am
WOW!.is the shoe icing! all of them are just amazing, I cant even get the icing piped on cupcakes never mind anything else! 'Cake Appreciation Society' is on facebook are any of them yours!

sparkles.nz, Jan 19, 10:28am
It's because you have to use so much color icing to get a nice, deep black. Try starting with chocolate icing so you use less.

tommydog, Jan 20, 6:13am
WOW thats better than a brought one.If you make anymore make sure you put them up most impressed.

motgirl, Jan 20, 9:04am
Thanks tommydog!

dancewest, Jan 20, 9:44am
Outstanding.
I've been making cupcakes over Christmas. You've now inspired me to go to cake decorating classes ASAP.

calista, Jan 20, 10:39am
Stunning!

Thanks for posting.

motgirl, Jan 21, 4:00am

elliehen, Jan 21, 4:08am
Lucky Lance!Does he have a blue tongue!

tielfan, Jan 21, 8:16am
I went through all your cakes on Flicker, wow you have some amazing talent and your friends and family are very lucky!

lisa7, Jan 22, 6:39am
Wow that is amazing, did you use a cricut machine for the lettering!

motgirl, Jan 22, 11:11am
The wording on the cake is done with edible images - like the Police Box sign, is that what you mean! The letters on the board are just done with a plastic tubby alphabet set I have.

deus701, Jan 22, 11:15am
that must have took you a lot of time

dollydot, Jan 22, 11:56am
Motgirl you are SO clever.Thanks for showing us : )