Just got a slow cooker what would be

toyboy3, Jan 15, 8:39am
a good easy firstmeal to start with, thanks

very_hotpants, Jan 15, 8:43am
Everything is easy!
Casseroles. Brown cube steak in a pan, chop up vege and spuds puteverything in the cooker. Mix the mix with water as per instructions and put in on.

otterhound, Jan 15, 9:10am
Here's the easiest ever crockpot curry I tried yesterday and loved

1 kg blade/chuck steak or gravy beef
1 green apple, peeled and chopped
1 carrot, diced
1 large onion, diced
4 Tblsp flour
2 tsp each ground coriander and cumin
1 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 dsrtsp brown sugar
1 tin coconut cream (I use light to make me feel better!)
1/2 cup chopped cashew nuts (optional)
Place meat, onion. apple and carrot in crockpot - stir.Combine flour, brown sugar and spices and seasoning together then stir into crockpot.Pour in coconut cream and stir well. Put lid on and cook on low for 5 - 7 hours depending on meat used.30 mins before serving turn on to high until sauce has thickened slightly.Sprinkle with nuts and serve on rice.

gurlkiwi, Jan 15, 9:11am
maggi slow cooker mild curry sausages is yummy.but I leave the chickpeas out

pheebs1, Jan 15, 9:24am
yeah devilled sausages for sure

they always are nicer if you put them in a pot of cold water and bring them to the boil remove skins and then place in your slow cooker as per sachet instructions
with onions apples raisins etc

pheebs1, Jan 15, 9:32am
also rice pudding is to die for made in it also!
sprinkle just enough arborio(short grain)rice to cover the bottom then add around a litre of milk maybe 1/2 cup of sugar vanilla extract and an eggmix well and cook on high till thick and creamy
can take around 3 hours depending how much milk you put in
there are probably more definitive recipes on here but you get the gist
its is heavenly
check out all the other crockpot recipes just by using the search to your left
the list is endless but sooooooooooooooooo good
enjoy!

pheebs1, Jan 15, 9:33am
ooh and a tip it pays to spray the inside of your crockpot with a non stick oil spraybefore you put your ingredients in as sometimes things stick!

vomo2, Jan 18, 3:43am
And Alison Holst put out a great slow cooker book. I cook all my Xmas plum puddings in the slow cooker, her recipe.

vomo2, Jan 18, 3:43am
corned beef cooked in ginger ale or just cooked with water, 3 whole cloves a tbsp honey and a dsp vinegar. Cook on high for about 4 - 5 hrs or on low for about 7. Delicious

calista, Jan 18, 3:54am
There are actually 3 slow cooker books Alison and Simon Holst have put out, and I agree abot the Christmas puds.

Robin Martin has put out a couple too and her curried sausages were great, but didn't have chickpeas (which I love).

shane-o3, Jan 18, 4:19am
Place a chicken in from frozen on low for 8 hours, no water.Simple first time meal.Sometimes I attach a simple timerto turn it on when at work.

pickles7, Jan 18, 4:31am
I found when you turnedthe slow cooker off for 10 minutes, the food releases itself very well.

nunesy, Jan 18, 5:27am
Lasagne!Spray the crockpot, brown the mince first in a frypan, (and onion if using), then layer it in the crockpot with lasagne sheets and cottage cheese or ricotta, as you would normally.Cook on low for 6-7 hours. just as good as oven-baked, if you want to sprinkle cheese on top you can do that too.

smileeah, Jan 18, 5:59am
Alison & Simon Holst's BBQ Beef recipe is a winner here. It is easy, tasty and pleases the whole family.

tehenga288, Jan 18, 9:24am
Crockpot "hangi" is my favourite.

gardie, Jan 18, 5:35pm
this sounds devine - will need to bookmark this page for winter!

fleurshelley, Jan 19, 12:00pm
Anymore ideas people! Im just starting to get in the swing of using the cooker also lol

gemnad, Jan 20, 10:48am
cola chicken
1kg chicken pieces
1cup coke
1cup bbq sause
Mix coke and sause together. pour over chicken on low . all day.
Mash some spuds, cook some peas,pour the 'gray all over the potatoes
yummmmmm!
The kids love it.so do I!

jude343, Jan 20, 8:54pm
cola chicken! i off to try now.