What are Traditional Extras that go with Crayfish?

mss2006, Jan 11, 9:26pm
1. If the cray was boiled and served eather hot or cold or

2. If it was split in half and grilled with garlic butter!

Starch, veges, salad, sauces.etc!

I've got 10 fresh crays to cook for friends so wantto get it right.

Thanks!

cookessentials, Jan 11, 10:05pm
Fresh lemon wedges and a nice green salad would suit me. Some people like a little tartare sauce, but personally, the lemon would be nice.
Fisher will be the best person here to ask though.

next-to-normal, Jan 11, 10:07pm
pakeha

ant_sonja, Jan 11, 10:12pm
How about some nice fresh sweetcorn, on the cob with butter and salt/pepper!

seniorbones, Jan 11, 10:17pm
Al Browns recipe using uncooked crays, drown crays in fresh water split down the middle remove the obvious guts from the head cavity and the excretion tube that runs down through the tail.Heat the barbecue to high heat, brush the flesh side with cooking oil and season with liberal amounts of sea salt and pepper, place on the heat flesh side down cook 2-3 mins depending on size of cray turn over and brush excessive amounts of lime and horseradish butter serve with lime wedges and pile of paper towels.

Lime and horseradish butter, 250gms butter, juice and zest of 3 limes 1/2 cup horseradish sauce 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley.mix all together.we had this xmas day for our entree and it was devine. this is for 6 crays so you may need to increase the amounts by another half for the mayo.

seniorbones, Jan 11, 10:19pm
oh just re-read you wanted to know what to serve it with.I would serve with nothing if its an entree but a main meal maybe new tiny potatoes and a salad but not much as crayfish is rich and delicous and we just eat them!

mss2006, Jan 11, 10:30pm
Im sorry you are mistaken, you serve puha (sp) with pakeha ;)

samsnan, Jan 11, 10:34pm
Mmmm I remember that song 'Puha and Pakeha'was sung by Gerry Merito I think.

effcee1, Jan 12, 1:35am
Dont bugger around with it just dip it in vinegar, and mayby a bit of bred and butter.

cookessentials, Jan 12, 1:38am
Ahh, yes, that was many moons ago LOL