Mock Whitebait Fritters.

prt1969, Jan 11, 7:45am
Break up a packet of 2 minute noddles, boil,rinse & drain.Grab a small rectangle can of Sardines in water not oil drain.Put these into bowl mix in 2 eggs to bind.Cook spoonfulls in Pan with oil.My wife hated sardines until she tried these I made for lunch in the Weekend.Cheers

katewest, Jan 11, 8:54am
can't believe someone would actually think to put these together.

snipz, Jan 12, 7:10am
I do this and they are delicious.always get eaten.I got the recipe a few years ago,some chap rang up Helen (radio live) and gave it out.mind you nothing beats the real thing!

bill241, Jan 12, 7:50am
Or even better, find something you do have the ingredients to make and cook that instead.before anyone jumps on me, I just don't get the 'fake whitebait' concept, I'm sure the actual dish could be delicious

bill241, Jan 12, 8:00am
I take it all back.this topic doesn't need any more snark than it already has

miri_s, Jan 12, 8:20am
I take it all back too.I may not have said anything but I thought it.

uli, Jan 12, 8:23am
OMG - and there is even a recipe for it.

uli, Jan 12, 8:25am
Original Edmonds Mock Whitebait Patties:

Note: These recipes use NZ measurements. 1 c = 1 cup = 250 ml. 1 T = 1 tablespoon = 15 ml. 1 D = 2 teaspoons. 1 t = 1 teaspoon = 5ml. If you're in America, you may find you need a little extra baking powder in recipes that use it.

1 egg
2 1/2 T flour
2 T milk
3 T cheese, grated
Pepper and salt
2 medium potatoes, grated
1 t baking powder

Beat egg, add flour, milk, cheese and seasonings. Add potato and baking powder just before frying. Fry in hot, shallow fat 5 minutes on each side. Serve hot, garnished with parsley.

Source: Edmonds Cook Book, page 85