Motueka carrot cake?

Page 13 / 14
katalin2, May 2, 12:21pm
Well, I have to say this is a fabulous cake- had the family around to celebrate an 80th birthday and another birthday- it really is a drop dead georgeous cake. Made it in my big round tin- looked and tasted stunning, fed 11 of us with enough for people to take home as well- had so many complements! Thanks for a great recipe- every carrot cake lover should try it!

annie.nz, May 11, 1:16am
On page 4, this won't do

jenna68, May 19, 6:58pm
s. s

wron, Jun 2, 8:31am
Saving again as about to die! Up

pogram0, Jun 3, 8:58am
Was looking through my recipe box over Queens Birthday weekend when I came across the recipe for this cake. It was requested by a reader of a cooking magazine, a Foodtown cooking publication.I took aphotocopy the page.The recipe is essentially correct but it said the quantity of carrot is two cups of grated carrot, not 750 grams.I think the quantity of carrot was doubled in the recipe earlier in this thread.

svx1, Jun 3, 11:00am
Hi Pogram0 Hi could you give the recipe again on this thread as its written on your photocopy thanks.

pogram0, Jun 4, 7:00am
Here you go Part 1: 2 cups each wholemeal flour, sugar and carrot.2 teaspoons each cinnamon, mixed spice and baking soda. Half cup each walnuts, sunflower seeds, chopped dried apricots.1 cup sultanas.Quarter cup pumpkin seeds.4 eggs.1½ cups soy oil.Preheat oven to 180 degrees.Lightly grease and line a 23cm cake pan.

pogram0, Jun 4, 7:05am
Part 2 Combine the dry ingredients.Add the carrots, walnuts, sunflower seeds, apricots, pumpkin seeds and sultanas.Beat together the eggs and oil.Stir into the dry mix. Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 1 - 1½ hours.Icing: 125g cream cheese, 50g soft butter, 1½ cups icing sugar.Beat the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar together until smooth.Spread over the cake.The cake can be decorated with chopped apricots, walnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.End

svx1, Jun 4, 9:32am
THANKYOU POGRAM! Thanks alot for the recipe it looks like it makes a much smaller cake the other recipe makes a 30cm round cake tin.

jenna68, Jun 8, 6:58am
up it goes . for others!

susan21, Jun 9, 1:05am
I made the Motueka Cake using the 750g of carrot.Boy what a huge amount of carrot.Had a nice flavor, but seemed very mushy to me. thought Id try using less carrot.

toadfish, Jun 19, 9:58pm
I have this in the oven as I type, it been in the oven for 40 mins already & the house is smelling devine. I did 1 & half of the recipe and it has filled up my large square silicone Cake baker and a small ring tin. both to the top so they should be nice and deep.

The smaller ring tin will be eaten tonight as we have a family of 5 coming to dinner. (plus our 4) so that will be polished off.

My question is. the large cake is to take to work on Wednesday.
I think I should be Ok sealing it in my tupperware cake taker and icing it Wednesday morning (cream cheese icing).

Do people think this will keep ok or shall I wrap it and freeze it tonight and pull it out Tuesday night.

My instincts is that with all that oil and carrots it will be fine but would appreciate other bakers opinion.

There is alot at stake here as I am known as a "domestic goddess" at work (all in good fun) so my reputation is on the linelol.

Thanks in advance.

jenna68, Jun 21, 1:43am
z. z

lespat, Jun 21, 4:56am
Where's the carrot!

pam.delilah, Jun 21, 6:29am
this is the rest of the recipe with the carrots

Mix all the ingredients together (ingredients above)
add 2cups -750gm grated Carrots mix well

whisk up 1 1/2 Cups oil with
4 eggs
add
2 tspn Vanilla
Fold Carefully into the dry ingredients

DO NOT OVER MIX
Bake at 170oc for up to 2 hours keep an eye on it,
Don’t forget to line the tin, roasting dish size makes 1 large cake
Half of the mix in a 23cm ring tin takes 35 mins to cook

Ice with cream cheese icing
1/2 block philadelphia cream cheese, not lowfat, not easy spread, chopped.
50g butter, melted.
Mash together till blended (will be a bit lumpy).
Add icing sugar to taste, and beat until icing is fluffy
add juice of one very fresh lemon and 1/2 tsp vanilla

marob2, Jun 21, 7:54am
What type of oil did you find the most satisfactory! I have tasted the original cake a year or so ago and it was YUMMY. !

wron, Jun 27, 11:26am
Up we go! P1 again

bazmarl, Jun 30, 8:42am
yummy yummy cake Thanks for sharing, my family loved it.

jenna68, Jul 10, 3:24am
b. b

pinball1, Jul 18, 7:35am
The place is now "THE MOORING" If you still need it try the owners. They'll know the old owners. PSMotueka's "Red Beret" has nice cake (I think).

jenna68, Aug 14, 1:24am
Hiya julie :o) How are you and Jenni!Hope she is well :o)

b-ray1, Aug 15, 7:32am
Hi all - im new to this page I have many a question to do with carrot cakes.Is it best to use both Wholemeal and Plain flour in a carrot cake!Would you put walnuts in the mix or sprinkle on top!

griffo4, Aug 15, 8:00am
l loved this cake and it didn't last long round here and the choc cake lovers in this house gave it the thumbs up and ate it all

b-ray1, Aug 15, 8:36am
Found the recipes that have been posted, will give them a try, great thread.Thanks

samsara11, Aug 17, 8:41am
I have just made the motueka cake and it looks fabulous.I put brown paper over it for the last hour and making it again, I would do this from the beginning.Took all the 2hours though.Taking it to work for a "cook off" competition so here's hoping lol