Motueka carrot cake?

Page 2 / 14
samsara11, Aug 19, 1:54am
Yes it is! I took it to work today (big cake) and between 8 of them, I only had a small bit to bring home. I am not a cake eater so was happy that it was enjoyed so much

wron, Aug 25, 9:32am
Back to P1! Bump

danielvds, Aug 25, 10:30am
I made this cake last weekend. I grated the carrots on my fine grater which I think produced too much juice. It was very wet before I added the wet ingredients. Think that next time I make it I'll grate it coarser then chop it a little. I cooked it in a ceramic roasting dish lined with baking paper as I didnt have a cake tin big enough. Due to this it was not a deep cake and came out rather dense (more like a fruit cake) and well cooked. The family and friends Loved it. We used cream chese icing and served with Greek Yogurt. Will make a few changes to my technique next time and looking forward to outstanding results from this awesome recipe.

danielvds, Aug 25, 10:39am
Arh - just noticed the 2nd recipe so might give this one a go next time as the 750g of carrots quite alot to mix in and made one HUGE cake. Thanks for the recipes.

griffo4, Aug 30, 9:35pm
Thanks Hairchopper I made your recipe and loved it l have tried alot of carrot cakes but this one is by far my favourite one. Hope calving is going well Thanks

245sam, Sep 1, 1:40am
bumped for hulenanz :-))

susieq9, Sep 6, 11:20pm
Delicious... ... . did just half of the recipe. For the sugar I did 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup of splenda. It was yummy with a cream cheese topping.

kazmoo, Sep 8, 8:34pm
motueka carrot cake Just made the cake up last night and it really is a good recipe! just a little sweet side, next time i will cut the sugar to 1 1/2 cups sugar.
I didn't have pumpkin seeds so i put sunflower seeds instead. and also put cranberries. prolly think about taking the cake out in 1 3/4 hours.

valentino, Sep 16, 3:35am
Bumping for tja12

245sam, Sep 16, 3:35am
bumped for tja12 from #155 on page 2. :-))

thunderflash, Sep 20, 11:00pm
Heres an interesting carrot for sale Auction #: 243032468

valentino, Sep 27, 1:04am
z... .

wron, Oct 9, 7:18am
Going to make this weekend, so putting up near the top

winnie231, Oct 9, 7:28pm
I was in Motueka yesterday ... so I had to have coffee & THE cake. Still scrumptious! ! ! I'm going to make it as my birthday cake in a few days time ... . as well as the 'bloody good chocky cake' for those who need their chocolate fix!

hairchopper1, Oct 11, 7:37am
Love this cake havent made it in ages but off to make it now, hope ive got all the ingredients! Its good to read so many people making it & enjoying it too!

valentino, Dec 2, 3:27am
Not to forget this great cake...

Be nice for... . .

globalwanderer, Apr 2, 5:25am
Fabulous cake! ! ! I made two cakes with this recipe. Cooks much faster.

xstiteher, Apr 3, 5:33am
thanks hairchopper and for the great lengths you went to get it

cheers

homelygirl0011, Apr 5, 5:03am
Instead of oil, try making with butter instead, lovely and moist.

fishheadsoup, Apr 6, 1:03am
Hi, what size tin does THE CAKE need? thanks!

juliewn, Apr 6, 7:25am
Hi. . Thanks from me too Hairchopper. . :-) I made the cake on Saturday - I used 1/2 grated fresh pumpkin and 1/2 grated fresh courgette in place of the carrot - very nice - and popular with a large group for a Birthday cake. .

Fishheadsoup. . I made two round cakes - one 25cm across, the other 20cm across - the tins were both 3/4 full when cooked.

Or as suggested earlier in the thread, a medium size roasting dish, or a lasagne type dish would work too.

allurs, Apr 6, 8:54am
yummy cake but way 2 oily! ! !

annie.nz, Apr 8, 11:46pm
There's a cafe on the main drag in Motueka that makes the best carrot cake in NZ, no kidding. I've tried recipes from TM cooks and the current threads, but according to my family, I'm still not in the same ballpark.

Does anyone have the real-thing recipe? please? pleeze?

cookessentials, Apr 9, 12:37am
Is it Muses cafe'? attached to the Museum? we were there at Christmas and they had lovely food.

annie.nz, Apr 9, 12:45am
Not sure, it's a modern cafe set just back off the main street as you go west, with outside tables and umbrellas.