What meal can you make for $5

Page 3 / 3
uli, Feb 12, 6:45am
Yes the village was 3 kms from my uni and had 3000 inhabitants.

And if any of you would be interested in low cost foods - then you could do something with my posts - but that seems not to be the case - all you want is stirring stirring . and stirring some more - keep doing it if you think that floats your boat.

It is your loss and your health - especially vintagekitties!

davidt4, Feb 12, 7:59am
It seems to me that if uli could provide ample food in Western Europe, in a climate which is far less kindly than that of New Zealand, then the principles involved should be applauded rather than decried out of some weird xenophobia.

elliehen, Feb 12, 8:03am
I think many people would take more kindly to some of the ideas proffered if they weren't so often accompanied by a reverse xenophobia - a putting-down of everything 'New Zealand' or 'English'.

uli, Feb 12, 8:30am
Ellie - I couldn't give a . (insert your favourite) if people take "kindly", or "happily" or not at all to what I post. I am giving my personal experiences here. Take it or leave it.

If you want to make a meal for under $5 for a family of four and you cannot grow a garden then tough luck! You will be eating mainly cheap carbs (pasta, rice etc) with a bit of simmer sauce or something out of a packet on top and no protein at all.

And after 10 or 20 years of that you will be sick. Nothing to do with me fortunately. So as I said - if you want to take info from my posts - great - if your don't - great too. Who cares what you do! I don't. All I can do is give good advice - you take it or leave it .

Good luck!

momma1, Feb 12, 9:53pm
Hey i don't know the history behind this back biting but thats a hell of a generalisation to be making! i have regularly fed my family of 5 or 6 for $5 without a garden and without resorting to packets! and we now have a garden, but do keep in mind some landlords won't allow you to dig up lawn to make one and many won't let you have a compost heap even! ps, my kids are all tall, slim and healthy!