Pot roast converted to crockpot - please help !

cameron-albany, Jan 10, 7:27am
I've found an awesome sounding recipe for pork with nectarines, but it is a pot-roast and I'm wondering if there's a general rule of thumb for converting to dish to a crock instead!I'm not comfortable with pot-roast (never done it actually!)and much prefer my slow-cooker.The recipe basically says to brown the meat on all side (that's fine) then cook on low heat for 1.5 hours.Do you think all day pn low in the crock would be fine !Apols if dumb question :-)

stevy1000, Jan 10, 8:01am
I've just googledpot roast converted to slow cooker and there you are hope this helps

bunny51, Jan 10, 8:05am
When I cook roasts in the crockpot I usually cook them all day. and they come out great.

beaker59, Jan 10, 9:23pm
I always thought Slow cooker was just a more controlled way to pot roast. All day on low may be a tad too much for modern pork but would be still fine I would think.

nauru, Jan 11, 12:29am
Ido a pork roast with apple in my crockpot, cooking it either 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high depending on my time frame. It was a originally a conventionally cooked recipe but I much prefer it cooked in the CP.

cameron-albany, Jan 12, 6:34am
great- thanks all.I'll do the google thing too.I'm just going to give it a go.