Cheesecake filling help

crazy126, Jan 8, 2:50am
Hi all. Im planning on making myself some cheesecakes this week and im after suggestions for fillings.

I plan to do a peach and passionfruit and one with strawberries but not sure what mixes well with strawberries. I like having them with 2 flavours that complement each other.

Any other flavour suggestions welcome.

cookessentials, Jan 8, 2:55am
Are you wanting to make baked cheesecake or one using gelatine!

crazy126, Jan 8, 2:58am
lol im cheating and using a store bought plain filling which u just add your own flavours to and then throw in the fridge to set lol

Its the Tararua cheesecake filling lol

pickles7, Jan 8, 3:09am
lol.
Good for you.go wild, so much fruit around right now, add a Liqueur as well for a real; treat. Just fold in about 1 &1/2 cups of mixed fruits, or maybe puree some fruit add a little brandy to drizzle over at serving time.

marcs, Jan 8, 3:20am
Passion fruit, Rum and Raisin, Baileys, Vanilla filling and once filling is set, layer berries on top them pour some jelly over the top. Make jelly with only half the amount of water. May need two packets. Turkish delight using rosewater, Lemon, Mars bars, Caramel filling topped with choc ganach.

crazy126, Jan 8, 3:22am
yum some of those sound rather good. Im thinking maybe Baileys and grated chocolate.

52many, Jan 8, 4:33am
I made a chocolate biscuit base with Baileys and chocolate filling. Topped off with strawberries and a crushed Flake for Christmas. It was a baked one.

crazy126, Jan 8, 4:53am
mmmmmmm im gluten free so i use the g.f cookie time cookies for my bases lol.

jns, Jan 8, 7:28am
I've used that before too.I did an easy one with a tin of boysenberries, drain them and beat with the cheescake filling.Sprinkle gelatine on the reserved juice, microwave the juice for 2 minutes, when cool pour on top.Could do it with rasberries too.

crazy126, Jan 8, 9:47pm
hmm thats a good thought as well

terraalba, Jan 8, 10:46pm
I like strawberries and pineapple.

wildflower, Jan 9, 2:27am
Boysenberries are so good in a cheesecake, great idea about using the reserved juice!

crazy126, Jan 10, 8:10am
Well i have made them. Will stick some photos up tomorrow once i take them out of the containers i made them in.

made 2 flavours. 1 mixed berry and chocolate and the other peach and passionfruit. as all good cooks do i tasted as i went and noms is all i can say. they are yummy

jns, Jan 10, 8:30am
They both sound good.If you have leftovers cut them into serving slices and wrap in gladwrap and pop into the freezer!Then you have a slice of cheesecake on hand for when you feel like it!

crazy126, Jan 10, 8:58am
lol i have made them in small round containers. ended up with 6 (3 of each) out of one lot of filling.

i have a mate coming for dinner tomorrow night so made 2 of them with the containers lined with glad wrap for ease of removal. well thats the theory lol

flower-child01, Jan 10, 7:52pm

crazy126, Jan 11, 1:36am
oo thanks for those links flower-child. will add them to my collection

xtownie, Jan 11, 1:46am
Tsp Vanilla Essence and a crushed up packet of Oreos for Cookies and Cream