Kitchen Scales! Friend got for Xmas.

Page 1 / 2
kernal1, Jan 2, 3:40am
Light, about 20cm by 12cm. Digital, runs on AA batteries, lbs and grms shown and best of all you can use anything to weight items in. Easy storage too! No bowl that is a nuisance in the cupboard! Was purchased from one of the outfits that bring items round schools etc.this one was purchased in Chch. If anyone can follow my discription any ideas where I could get one, even more as to me just the great idea! Many thanks!

cookessentials, Jan 2, 3:47am
Does it have a brand name!

picxie, Jan 2, 4:05am
I have one that sounds similar, got it from the Warehouse. It's great, you can put any bowl on top, zero the scales, then weigh whatever it is. Goes up to 5 kilos and is only about the size you have mentioned. It fits into my cupboard nicely and is not bulky at all. These ones here - http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/catalog/product/Wiltshire-Electronic-Glass-Kitchen-Scales-5kg!SKU=1206835 - they come up on special though, I think I got mine for $20/$25.

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 4:29am
Mine is a glass tile 18x17cm.
Typhoon is the brand, and they have a great range of really funky designs. As its as thick as a tile, it's very easy to park alongside the choppingboards.
Bought it from Kirk & Staines in Wellington. circa $50. Love it!
http://www.typhoonhousewares.com/TyphoonSite/category/Electronic%20Scales/

bill241, Jan 2, 4:43am
Salter does the glass tile ones now too, I got one from Farmers. I really wanted the Typhoon one with the Cath Kidston style flower pattern on it but the only one in the store was chipped :-(

uli, Jan 2, 5:02am
I got a small "salter" with flybuys points that were due to expire.
It even tells you the calories of the food you are weighing if you type in the appropriate code from a booklet.
Very small and very handy.

uli, Jan 2, 5:03am

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 5:28am
Mine has a white background, and tiny retro 1950s roses in pink on it. Is it that one, as I don't know the designers name.

bill241, Jan 2, 5:40am
Yes that sounds like the one. Jealous! lol.

liamjosh, Jan 2, 6:30am
We got some that sound similar from Briscoes the other day - half price.Can also zero and has a timer.

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 6:50am
I'm happy to gift it to you. I've just seen a new black and white one, they've put out. As soon as I secure the black and white design, I'm very happy for you to have mine. xoxo

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 7:05am
okay bill241 - It's yours! I've just purchased another!:-)
Happy New Year.
Now, we just have to work out how I get it to you.
xox

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:48am
http://www.gadgetspeak.com/gadget/article.rhtm/753/567570/Salter_1060_Mix_n_Measure.htmlthese are mine. Weigh up to 10kgs. Have add and weigh function are also aquatronic ( weigh/measure liquid) convert from kg & gto Llbs & ounces.I love the large digital dial, it means I dont need my glasses on to read them.

kernal1, Jan 2, 8:58am
101 thanks to all! Friends one goes to 15kg but since I am no baker etc, just want a handy item and less clutter in my cupboard! Have fly buys so will order one from them.never know what to use them for! Cheers and thanks.nothing like TM to be so helpful!

cookessentials, Jan 2, 9:20am
Salter are one of the best brands ( although Soehnle ar also brilliant)

tommydog, Jan 2, 9:23am
They say they are out of stock at the moment (Flybuys).

kernal1, Jan 2, 9:56am
Buggar! Not available on fly buys!

bill241, Jan 2, 10:21am
EEEEE! Thank you!

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 10:31am
Done :-)

bill241, Jan 2, 11:41pm
Have sent you an email

wron, Jan 3, 4:40am
Salter electronic ones have a very generous guarantee - 10 years! That's if you can find the receipt!

cookessentials, Jan 3, 4:59am
Some of them are fifteen years. I always keep my guarantees and warranties in a bag in the kitchen drawer.

nzhel, Jan 4, 1:50am
I've had two of these types of scales and love them. Being able to zero them as you weigh in each of the ingredients is a real bonus. The only thing I found to watch out for was the length of time before it switched off between weighings. The first one I had would switch off after around 20 - 30 seconds, much too short a time and a real nuisance at times. It was just a non-descript brand from K-Mart so I guess you get what you pay for!

nfh1, Jan 4, 3:12am
I have Salter Electronic, have had them for about 12 years I think - they are excellent.I love the zero function and the fact that I can weigh in/on the bowl/plate I am using so nothing else to wash.

kernal1, Jan 7, 9:32pm
Treat Me Otago has the Salter one today for $39-95. This has a 15 year guarentee so off I am to buy!
Many thanks for all the info. Heather