No bake cheesecake

chebat, Jan 1, 6:57pm
I made it last night said refrigerate overnight but it's not set :( I only need it tonight could it still set or should I be looking for another recipe for something else!

edlin, Jan 1, 7:15pm
Was it a lemon cheesecake! I once had a problem when I used the wrong variety of lemon. I now only use Meyer lemons

chebat, Jan 1, 7:17pm
It has lemon in it, gosh didn't realise the type of lemon would make a difference.

sheepey, Jan 1, 8:09pm
you could try this recipe if it is different from yours
http://oursharedrecipeblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/lemon-cheesecake.html
never had trouble with this one setting and everyone loved it.

gardie, Jan 1, 8:58pm
Dissolve 3 teaspoons gelatine in the smallest amount of water possible - maybe about 1/3c.(Microwaving helps).Let cool.Spoon out your filling into a bowl and add the gelatine then tip it back into your tin.Should save it for you.You could make a sauce to pour over it when serving - will disguise any imperfections that occur in retinning it.HOpe that makes sense.Its a shame to waste ingredients.You could also dissolve a pack of lemon jelly in 1/2 - 1 cup water and use this in place of gelatine.Will add sweetness though whereas gelatine doesn't.

bridget107, Jan 26, 7:57am
Best cheesecake you will ever taste is right here. http://aftertasteblog.wordpress.com/2011/11/28/kahlua-and-mars-bar-cheesecake/

missy11, Jan 26, 6:20pm
I have a question about making a plain cheesecake -what type tastes better, the type that is made with cream cheese and sour cream (Edmonds), or the type that is made with cream cheese and condensed milk!Thanking you

bridget107, Jan 26, 8:33pm
Cream cheese and sour cream is the way to go!

missy11, Jan 26, 9:01pm
thanks! thats the edmonds one which im pretty sure ill make, then i got confused when looking at newer recipes they seem to have swapped the sour cream for condensed milk

bridget107, Jan 26, 9:29pm
Using sour cream makes cheesecake a tiny bit better for you and to be honest is just plain delicious :-) My most favourite dessert ;-)

j_quigley, Jan 26, 11:24pm
make sure you use normal cream cheese and sour cream, not the lite variety as they dont seam to set very well

foth, Jan 26, 11:31pm
Yeocream cheese is best and any lemons do the trick but u do need gelatine.Made one this morn with tin cond milk, sour cream,juice 1emon.teaspoon gelatine in 2 teaspoons boiling water.Base is packet biscuits with 2 teaspoons brown sugar and one of cinnamon and 125 melted butter.When set cover with a red jelly dissloved in 1 cup boiling water and poured over when cool.

foth, Jan 26, 11:32pm
and it sets in 15 mins

bridget107, Jan 27, 12:39am
So true!

nik12, Jan 27, 6:57am
This is very similar to my moro and baileys one :-).But mine is only 250gm cream cheese. and I use choc wheaten biscuits for the base.
It's a good 'base' recipe. I often leave out the baileys.I've also left out the moro and replaced with boysenberries at times and melted chocolate at others (phew that is yummy but very very rich)

wildflower, Jan 28, 2:33am
Only ever used lite versions and never, ever had a problem with setting.

flower-child01, Jan 28, 8:29pm
For the best no bake cheesecake check out my recipe on http://brama-sole.co.nz/recipes/cheesecake/
It is the only one I like.