Plum 'pizza'! recipes please

..james.., Jan 1, 2:24am
Our plum tree is producing like mad! Does anyone have any interesting plumrecipes! Maybe in a pizza form!

pickles7, Jan 1, 2:30am
Why not make a Plum, Tarte tatin.Same sort of thing, easier.

pickles7, Jan 1, 2:32am
bumped up the Tarte tatin thread for you

picxie, Jan 1, 2:34am
I've just today made this jam and it is tasty! A nice Christmassy plum jam, it's worth making even if you are like me and already have plum jam leftover from last year! Made about 4 normal jam jars. If I can get more plums I'm going to make more. It's adapted from a recipe I found online.

Plummy Winter Jam

1 kilo plums
1 kilo sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
a pinch of cayenne pepper
Juice of 1 lemon

Clean and pit plums, slice them in quarters. Cook together with spices and lemon juice - bring to boil then boil slowly for 15min. Mash if you want a smoother jam (I very briefly used a stick mixer so I still had some lumpy bits but it was more smooth than normal). Add sugar and bring to boil again. Once boiling, simmer for about 25 min till jam is setting (I had a thermometer and once it got to 220F it was at setting point). Process in sterilized jars for jam.

cookessentials, Jan 1, 2:38am
If you have any left over fresh plums. why not make a fruit tart!
125g unsalted butter
150g caster sugar
2 eggs plus one extra egg yolk
60ml brandy
2 tbsp plain flour
200g ground almonds
600g ripe plums, halved
2 tsp milk
Sour Cream Pastry:
200g chilled, unsalted butter - chopped
300g plain flour
80g sour cream.
For the pastry, pulse the butter, flour and a pinch of salt in processor till it is like breadcrumbs. Add sour cream and pulse till dough comes together in a ball. Wrap in glad wrap and chill for 20 mins.
Place butter and caster sugar in processor and whizz for 5-6 mins. scraping down side of bowl as you go. Once it is thick and pale, add eggs, one at a time, whizzing well after each addition. Add the brandy and whizz for 1 minute to combine. Add flour and almond and pulse to combine. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface into a circle about 30cm in diameter and about 5mm thick. Place on the tray or a pizza tray. Spread almond meal mix over tart base, leaving a 5cm border. Arrange plums on top,cut side down. Fold over pastry edge to meet the filling and gently press down to seal. Chill for 20 mins. Preheat oven to 190C Beat the egg yolk,milk and pinch of salt together with a fork, then brush over the pastry edges. Bake for 40-45 mins until pastry is golden and plums are soft. Dust with caster sugar, cut into slices and serve while warm.

..james.., Jan 1, 2:49am
yummm! fantastic recipes thank you so much.

picxie, Jan 1, 2:57am
Oh - I forgot, I also added 1/2 cup water to the fruit when first boiling. I don't suppose it matters too much as I guess the water evaporates during the whole process.

davidt4, Jan 1, 4:17am
Plum and Chilli Sauce

3 kilos dark plums, washed, halved and stoned (firm plums are best),
1.5 litres (6 cups)  white vinegar,
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 
1 tablespoon  crushed garlic, 
1 1/2 teaspoons  crushed dried chilli, 
1 teaspoon  ground cloves, 
1 1/2 teaspoons  ground ginger, 
1 teaspoon of ground allspice, 
1.5 kilos white sugar.

Place the fruit, salt, garlic, chilli and vinegar into the pan and bring to the simmer, cooking until the fruit is pulpy. Place the spices into a small bowl and mix to a paste with a small quantity of vinegar then add to the fruit in the pan. Add the sugar and stir until it is dissolved and the sauce reaches a rolling boil. Boil, stirring frequently for at least 30 minutes and the sauce thickens slightly.

davidt4, Jan 1, 4:19am
Fresh Plum Summer Pudding

Cook about 800g fresh plums in a teacup of water. Add 2 tab sugar when soft & remove stones.

Line a casserole dish with slices of white bread with a round piece of bread on the bottom. Soak the lining with some of the plum juice.
Place a layer of plums, then a layer of bread until dish is full, finishing off with a layer of bread. Cover & put a weight on top. Leave till cold, preferably overnight,turn out & serve with custard and/or cream.

rainrain1, Jan 1, 5:37am
Plum and Chilli Sauce sounds beaut,will have to try that recipe

picxie, Jan 4, 11:02am
What is that recipe for elliehen! Is it a chutney!

toadfish, Jan 4, 5:49pm
http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Summer-Plum-Shortcake

Substitute home made Jam and Home Stewed Plums.

elliehen, Jan 5, 12:21am
.looks more like a thick sauce to me.

jessie981, Jan 5, 12:32am
Hi. Plum Sauce

elliehen, Jan 5, 1:10am
Thanks jessie.I hoped you'd see this :)

pheebs1, Jan 5, 4:36am
plum sauce with pork on a pizza and any veges you like
yum!

pheebs1, Jan 5, 4:37am
or use it instead of cranberries for chicken cranberry and brie on a pizza

jag5, Jan 5, 11:35pm
Bottle them.great in the winter with a bit of custard for dessert, or cereal for brekkie.

cookessentials, Jan 5, 11:47pm
I love them stewed ( but left whole) lovely for breakfast compote

toadfish, Jan 4, 5:49pm
http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Summer-Plum-Shortcake

Substitute home made Jam and Home Stewed Plums.

bev00, Jan 5, 10:07am
recycling for the plum glut

guest, Jan 11, 1:40pm
I have been so beelwdired in the past but now it all makes sense!

guest, Jan 13, 2:27pm
Artlcies like this are an example of quick, helpful answers.

guest, Jan 14, 10:16am
It is not that simple.How many fresh food has chmaicels on it? How about GMO products like soy? How about the fact that people WASTE their diets by too much eat (I eat zero) and MILK (total waste in the diet)? Milk is the only product that the industry has dictated its content about being necessary. Humans are the only species that drinks milk after the early months of a child or young.It is just sad.