Cheesecake Topping!

grouch, Dec 24, 4:17am
Have just made a cheesecake so what sort of topping can be made with strawberries. I have a punnet of strawberries and some cream. Do you just suggest to whip the cream and put on top and then the strawberries or would I make a sauce like thing and if so can I have a recipe for it! Thanks.

otterhound, Dec 24, 8:04am
Maybe just chop strawberries up, sprinkle with icing sugar, leave for a while so it forms a bit of a syrup, then put on top.

lindylambchops1, Dec 24, 8:07am
Don't sauce the fresh strawberries!Enjoy with cream.
Merry Christmas!

marcs, Dec 24, 8:13am
Make jelly with half the amount of water, Arrange strawberries on top and pour just enough jelly to cover the top of the cheesecake. Put in the frige to set so the the strawberries don't float on top. Once set pour the rest of the jelly on top. You might need two packets depending. Whip the cream then decorate the cheesecake. You could make swirls or what ever pattern you like.

agave1, Dec 24, 8:20am
I would go with otterhound on this one.I love strawberry coulis, especially the way it will dribble over the sides.Pretty and tasty.

anubis1, Dec 30, 4:19am
I need a cheesecake recipe plz

otterhound, Dec 30, 8:23am
Base
100 gm butter
1 1/2 cups crushed wine biscuits
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Melt butter, add finely crushed biscuits and cinnamon. Mix together and press into dish - put in fridge.

Topping
250 gm cream cheese ( I use light)

1 tin condensed milk
1 dsp gelatin
1/4 cup hot water
75 - 100 ml lemon juice
Beat cream cheese til soft, gradually add condensed milk, beat til mixed.
Dissolve gelatin in hot water and add to mixture - beat til combined.
Mix in lemon juice.Pour onto base and refrigerate til set.Top with whatever takes your fancy - I drain a tin of boysenberries or blackberries and place the fruit on top.