Custard recipe for xmas pudding!

asue, Dec 24, 2:14am
Have tried the left hand box to find recipe for custard for xmas pudding but no luck.Anyone got an easy recipe! With or without alcohol. (I haven't even got a basic edmonds recipe as I threw the packet out) Thanks and merry xmas everyone

sarahb5, Dec 24, 2:20am
Are you wanting a recipe to make it from scratch or with the powder!

sarahb5, Dec 24, 2:22am
Ingredients

2 tablespoons custard powder
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cups milk

Method
1.Mix together custard powder and ¼ cup of the milk till you have a smooth paste
2.Pour remaining milk into a saucepan, add the sugar and heat till almost boiling
3.Pour in the custard mixture and stir well until the mixture thickens.

asue, Dec 24, 2:23am
thanks guys - looks all good.Might make both - plain one and brandy

sarahb5, Dec 24, 2:24am
Basic Custard Recipe
Serves 4

Ingredients:

•2 cups full-cream milk
•2 eggs
•2 tbs sugar
•2 tbs cornflour
•¼ cup milk (to dissolve cornflour)

1.Heat the milk. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Dissolve the cornflour in ¼ cup milk until all the lumps have disappeared and add to the egg-sugar mixture.
2.When the milk is heated through and almost boiling, take it off the fire and add the egg and sugar mixture to it, while continually whisking. Don't do this while still on the heat or the eggs will scramble, giving you a lumpy custard. It will immediately start thickening.
3.Put the mixture back on the heat (at its lowest) and stir continually so it doesn't get burnt. Cook it for only a minute or two so you don't taste the cornflour. Add some vanilla extract

daleaway, Dec 24, 2:26am
In an emergency once I discovered that bought ready-made custard cut with Bailey's (to the extent that suits you or the budget can stand) is very acceptable - everyone wanted the "recipe".

asue, Dec 24, 2:27am
Oh that sounds good too - daleaway.

pickles7, Dec 24, 2:41am
egg yolk custard .use up the egg yolks from the pav.

put into a bowl
6 egg yolks, 1/3 cup of cornflour, whisk in 1 cup of milk.
set aside.
Put in a saucepan
1 & 1/4 cups of whole milk, 2 tsp vanilla
sprinkle over the milk 2/3 cup of sugar
Do not stir, put on stove and watch for it to simmer.
Add a little hot milk into the cold, while whisking, maybe half, then pour it back into the saucepan, return to the heat. I turned my element down by 1/4.
stir with a wooden spoon until it is nice and thick.
This custard sets real fast, as soon as I noticed it thickening I removed it from the stove, kept whisking while it finished cooking.
I have covered it with cling film to stop it skinning over

cookessentials, Dec 24, 4:44am
Cinnamon brandy custard on the sauces thread.