Big hunk of cooked ham - frozen 1 year

wron, Dec 23, 8:19am
Found this today - given to us last Christmas but buried and forgotten. Weighs about a kilo. Would this still be ok / safe to eat! It's been in proper freezer bag. I find this a problem with chest freezers, stuff at the bottom can easily be overlooked!

harrislucinda, Dec 23, 8:23am
yeswill stillbeokThawany waythat sthe only wayto tell

kuaka, Dec 23, 8:30am
Might be okay, but probably be very watery and not as flavoursome as it would have been a year ago

timetable, Dec 23, 8:39am
yep good as,,,, thaw out and then glaze her up and enjoy!seasons greetings and much blessing for christmas!

wron, Dec 23, 11:38am
Thanks to all of you - will try, after Christmas though and will post the results!

fisher, Dec 23, 12:10pm
wron. frozen ham tends to 'become" a little salty when frozen. as suggested, I would glaze it up and enjoy :}If not to your liking. try slabbing it up and frying in pineapple juice.

otterhound, Dec 23, 5:35pm
If you bake it, it gets rid of the wateriness.=)

sarahj1, Dec 23, 7:49pm
Or thaw, chop in the processor and use in muffins, quiche, as filling for crepes with cheese, etc etc - like you would use chopped bacon, basically.

wron, Dec 24, 3:11am
Thanks again folks - I hope you all have a happy and relaxing day tomorrow - with the promised sun!

pickles7, Dec 24, 3:15am
throw it out.

frogmaster15, Dec 24, 8:01am
I had one of those. Thaw, wring out the water, glaze and bake. Very nice hot ham

kuaka, Dec 24, 9:20am
How do you "wring" out the water from a ham!

grannymum, Dec 24, 8:27pm
Yes, I have done this several times.Thaw, bake til thoroughly hot & glaze it while cooking.The cooking removes the wateriness.