suie1, Dec 21, 8:48am
Pretty please!

korbo, Dec 21, 9:40am
sorry, only just got on here.
2 egg whites (not cold ones)
4 tblspns boiling water,
2 teaspoons vinegar
2 cups sugar
put all in mixer and beat for say 10-15mins.
THEN fold in 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon cornflour.
put on greased tray oven at 120 - for 1 hour. then turn oven off.
I usually make them at night, then leave in oven overnight.
I get 2 trays and have one in middle and one up one rung.
sometimes I do turn them around. not always tho.
sometimes they come out chewy, sometimes not, just depends on the day.good luck.

suie1, Dec 21, 9:47am
TY :) Wow that seems like a lot of water! I will give it a go Merry Christmas

suie1, Dec 24, 1:32am
Hi Korbo I just read the method, I only have a hand held electric beater will it still work I don't think the motor will be powerful enough to whip up the egg whites & dissolve the sugar properly with everything being thrown in together rather than beating the whites first & gradually adding the sugar!

fifie, Dec 24, 2:55am
Suie i'm obviously not korbo and make similiar to this pav when the kids request a crunchy one, with a hand held electric beater and its always fine,must be the boiling water, i do use caster sugar, and if none just whizz ordinary sugar a bit to make it finer. Ive just put my 8 egg marshmallow one in the oven using my little old beater and it even whipped that up for me took some time to get it satiny and glossy, but we got there. Merry Xmas.

suie1, Dec 24, 3:19am
:) Thanks & Merry Xmas to you too

suie1, Dec 24, 7:25am
Made a batch & as I thought 1/2hr of beating & still loads of undissolved sugar, they are out of the oven & they are very gritty I used caster sugar as well, will the sugar dissolve & bleed overnight!

justme27, Dec 25, 4:24am
Hi korbo, would icing sugar work in this recipe instead of ordinary sugar, and how much would be needed! We love the chewy ones too :)

korbo, Dec 26, 7:51am
just read the threqd.
i have never used icing sugar.mine are sometimes a bit gritty, but we like them that way.
sometimes it is just a case of making lots and experimenting.
they will all go down well i am sure.

suie1, Dec 29, 5:34am
No they didn't I think 1 Cup of sugar per egg white is too much!