Meringue recipe

vonkrum, Apr 1, 3:12am
Does anyone have the Destitute Gourmet recipe for Meringues please. Lent my book to my daughter and the flatties ended up taking it with them. It was just egg white and sugar but not sure of measurements. Thanks.

westward1, Apr 1, 4:11am
Google it vonkum, I'm sure you will find it there.

vonkrum, Apr 1, 5:49am
tried that and couldnt come up with it.

lilyfield, Apr 2, 9:00am
One part eggwhite to 3 parts of sugar

lindylambchops1, Apr 6, 4:00am
Best ever meringues
FOOD, WINE & BEVERAGES
A good meringue is gold – the ideal elegant yet simple dessert, and a win with all ages. This is a very easy recipe, which yields a meringue with a crunchy exterior and fudgy, chewy interior – simply divine!

The trick is in the time it takes, so don’t be tempted to hurry the process – use the full 10 minutes to beat the sugar in.

Top with berries and cream, or passionfruit coulis, lemon curd, or your favourite topping.

pavlova meringue cake with cream and berry

You will need:

3 egg whites, at room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp cornflour
Method:

Preheat your oven to 120C degrees.

Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.

Ensuring you have a completely clean and dry bowl, add the egg whites and beat with an electric mixer until the peaks are firm-ish, then add the sugar in several batches over 10 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times. Add the vinegar, vanilla and cornflour and mix to combine.

Dollop tablespoons full of mixture onto the baking tray and shape them into rounds with a knife, about 5-6cm high.

Bake 45 minutes. Makes about 12-15.

Note: You can fold through a couple of drops of food colouring just before cooking if you want coloured meringues.

Not destitute gourmet, as I couldn’t find her recipe either, but hoping this helps the poster asking

rainrain1, Oct 7, 11:01am
Meringues

1 egg white
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla ess
1 tsp white vinegar
2 Tblsp boiling water
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 125dC
Line an oven tray with baking paper
Place the egg white in a small mixing bowl, preferably stainless steel or crockery, not plastic. Add the sugar, vinegar, vanilla and boiling water. Beat briskly for 5 minutes. Fold through the baking powder.
Place heaped teaspoonfuls on oven tray.
Bake 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
When cold carefully peel them off the paper or foil.
Sandwich together with whipped cream.

I just use an electric hand held beater. a beaut little recipe!