Kenwood Recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie please.

tommydog, Aug 20, 4:49am
x6
Does anyone have the recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie that use to appear in the old Kenwood Mixer recipe book at all.I would really appreciate it if someone would be so good as to post it if they do.

jessie981, Aug 20, 5:42am
x1
Can't help with recipe but would love a sample, no cream thanx.
Off Google, may help
http://www.kenwood-newzealand.com/recipes/recipe_details.asp!rid=269

turtlet, Aug 20, 6:53am
x4
I have the book and recipe.Willl post later if nobody else does it first.

turtlet, Aug 20, 8:55am
x28
Lemon Meringue Pie - Old Kenwood Book

Case
1 baked 7 inch or 8 inch flan case made with 6-8 oz short crust pastry
Filling
1 lemon
4 oz sugar
2 egg yolks
1 oz cornfour
1/2 pint water
1 oz butter
Topping
2 egg whites
3 oz sugar
Cut the lemon in 4 pieces and place in liquidiser together with sugar, egg yolks, cornflour and water.
Switch on to max speed and blend for 10-20 seconds.
Pour through a mesh strainer into a pan, pressing well with a spoon to extract all the liquid.
Add the butter and cook the mixture, stirring constantly until it thickens.
Continue cooking 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
When cool fill the flan case.
Place the egg whites into the bowl and whisk on max speed until thick.
Sprinkle in the sugar during last stage of whisking and continue until they are quite stiff.
Pile the meringue on top of the filling, making sure it comes right to the edges. Dust lightly with granulated sugar.
Place the pie in a moderately hot oven for 5-10 minutes until the meringue peaks are golden brown.
Decorate with glace cherries and angelica.

lodgelocum, Aug 21, 12:25am
x1
I have been using Tui Flowers Lemon Meringue Pie recipe for 30 odd years, it is wonderful, never fails, very tasty.I now claim it as my signature dish!

gardie, Aug 21, 2:19am
x1
Lemon Meringue Pie
1 pie base
1 can highlander condensed milk
1/2 c lemon juice
2 eggs seperated
1/2 c sugar

mix milk, juice and yolks - pour into cooked base.beat whites with sugar thick meringue - pour on top then pop in the oven for about 30 mins or until browned180deg.

tommydog, Aug 21, 4:26am
x1
Thank you very much ladies for taking the trouble to post very much appreciated.

free-h-oldies, Aug 22, 9:00am
lodgelocum, would you please post Tui Flowers lemon meringue recipe I would love to try it

guest, Dec 15, 12:02pm
anks a million wondered how i could find it!

jk, Dec 27, 6:17pm
thankyou so much I used to use this recipe years ago as I remember its so much quicker than other recipes and just as tasty

guest, Aug 1, 4:54pm
This is the ONLY lemon meringue recipe - the whole lemons make it really tart and lemony. Thanks for posting - I still have the recipe book myself, but this saved me having to type it out for a friend :)

guest, Nov 2, 6:09pm
Please can someone tell me, do you use the whole lemon... Including the skins and mix?

ickipiki_cookieg, Oct 24, 2:46am
Just in NZ and family longing for
Kenwood LMPie. Thank you, so easy.

ickipiki_cookie, Oct 24, 2:49am
Just visiting family in NZ and longing for Kenwood lemon m pie. Thank you, so easy and delish.

guest, Jun 11, 9:59am
I have used this recipe and found it the best so easy todo. Would highly recommend it A trusted family favourite