I googled glazing a ham and now I am so confused

gerry64, Dec 18, 9:15am
there are so many options - did marmalade glaze last year - anyone tried the cola/maple syrup option

sarahb5, Dec 18, 9:19am
I try something different every year because there are so many variations - this year probably maple syrup and something yet to be decided

gerry64, Dec 18, 9:26am
yes I think I will as well - have a bottle of the real thing in the pantry what to put with it is the next decision

diamondgirl06, Dec 18, 9:38am
I'm still looking for a ham glaze which isn't sweet. *sighs*

gerry64, Dec 18, 11:50am
Diamondgirl - it worries me that the maple syrup one will be too sweet - did one with pineapple juice one year was awful

sarahb5, Dec 18, 8:21pm
I won't be using just maple syrup - probably fresh orange juice as well I think - but if you don't have something sweet you don't get the glazed effect when the sugar caramelises

moggie57, Dec 18, 8:39pm
This is what my late mum used to do every year.man it was yum.
Combine >>>
tin of crushed pineapple - juice included
some brown sugar
a pkt of wine bisuits - crushed

take skin of the pre-cooked ham & pat this all over.it sticks to the fat & is AMAZING.
wish she was still here to bake that for us :(

cookessentials, Dec 18, 8:40pm
I have a few different ones that I can post for you.

gerry64, Dec 19, 5:05am
cook essentials - do you have one along the maply syrup orange juice line!I did a pinepple one last year and the biggest moaner in the family thought it was too sweet!

soden, Dec 19, 6:13am
Maple sryup and wholegrain mustard is simple and amazing!

cookessentials, Dec 19, 6:15am
Yes, I am sure I do. There are a couple of "glazes" threads going now, I am sure you will find something to suit even the fussiest eater!

charlieb2, Dec 19, 6:18am
I've done this one a couple of times. Recipe from MB poster Fisher. it has a lovely flavour and not sweet.

Ham is baked only at 180c
Peel or cut off the brown skin from a cooked ham. Remove as much of the fat as you like or all of it.
Either score through the fat, nearly to the meat, making diamond shapes, or if you have removed all fat, leave the surface un scored .
Much the same method. but using~2 x tbsp whole seed mustard1/4 cup julienne or finely grated ginger1 cup brown sugar330mls dark beer .
Combine mustard ginger and sugar in a bowl with just enough beer to form a thick paste. Set aside.
Pour rest of beer over ham in roasting dish, bake for 40mins basting halfway through.
Now smear paste all over the ham and bake for 30mins more basting as required.

zambesi2, Dec 19, 7:02am
I just did one for a weekend event.It was apricot, and tasted sooo yummy!

tjma, Dec 19, 7:30am
Pineapple on toothpicks, tip over pineapple juice and passionfruit pulp.