Jamie oliver last night - filo mine pies

seniorbones, Dec 17, 10:20pm
I know it was a repeat and missed the mince pies again! they were donein filo pastry, did anyone watch and get the way he did them! or if you have the recipe. TIA

seniorbones, Dec 17, 10:21pm
mince pies.cant seem to get it right this morning!

sarahb5, Dec 17, 10:33pm
Here you go:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pastry-cake/perfect-mince-pies

My mum makes these ones - I don't have the patience for filo so I'm making a variation of Nigella's mince pies by adding dried and frozen cranberries to my fruit mince with some grated orange rind, orange juice and brandy instead of the usual apple.

elliehen, Dec 17, 10:41pm

fpress, Dec 17, 10:44pm
I still have some fruit mince left over from the stuff i made last xmas.it has been in a plastic container in my fridge for a year. Would it be ok to use still! It has a lot of brandy in it from memory. tia

sarahb5, Dec 17, 10:46pm
Taste it and see!

sarahb5, Dec 17, 10:48pm
Oh I think those are the truffles I made a couple of years ago - they are delicious.I made them for a shared morning tea at work and they all disappeared which was good because my family aren't particularly truffle lovers

baalamb, Dec 17, 11:54pm
Those mince pies sure looked - and sounded- pretty damn good!

elliehen, Dec 18, 2:36am
Except for the one with the peppercorns on it!Jamie was laughing so hard at his joke that he almost choked ;)

Edited to add:For those who didn't watch, the Italian guest/chef alongside him insisted that mince pies should have a grind of black pepper on them but Jamie resisted, putting pepper (a whole lot!) on one only for his friend ;)

wopple, Dec 22, 6:05pm
Does anyone know if there is a Jamie Oliver Christmas recipe book that would have these recipes in!