If your interested in sharing recipes with others

Page 1 / 3
sheepey, Dec 15, 10:13pm
please checkout the blog I have just started up
http://kiwirecipes.blogspot.com/

cookessentials, Dec 15, 11:47pm
Wonderful idea Valerie. Did you know we also have a trademecooks site! Are you able to moderate the site! would be nice to have a more pleasant forum.

sheepey, Dec 16, 1:39am
thought the trademe cooks site was closed now
no blogger isn't run that way, anyone can comment on the post

sheepey, Dec 16, 1:39am
forums are harder to manage

sheepey, Dec 16, 1:40am
you can open a google account free then you can follow blogs

miffycat1, Dec 16, 6:38am
cookessentials Wonderful idea Valerie. Did you know we also have a trademecooks site! Are you able to moderate the site! would be nice to have a more pleasant forum.[/quote]
I cannot find this site, Is it still operational !

cookessentials, Dec 16, 6:45am
It is on facebook and Rae (winnie) is the moderator.

245sam, Dec 16, 6:45am
I cannot find this site, Is it still operational ![/quote]

No, Trademe Cooks closed several months ago but the recipes are still available from http://www.e-ware.co.nz/downloads.htm - scroll to the bottom of the page on that link where you will find info' there on how to download the files.:-))

cookessentials, Dec 16, 6:46am

pickles7, Dec 16, 6:51am
I cannot find this site, Is it still operational ![/quote]
No.

sheepey, Dec 16, 7:29am
I have posted a couple of recipes on the blog I have set up.If people send me recipes I can easily post them this way.I have a categories on the sidebar and can add more whatever the recipe may be.

sheepey, Dec 16, 7:30am
i can also add photos if people take them of what they make and send me them along with their recipe.

sheepey, Dec 16, 7:31am
Anyone can become a follower of the blog by opening afree google account

pickles7, Dec 16, 7:39am
I have two blogs myself. they are easy to set up

sheepey, Dec 16, 7:49am
Have you had a look at the blog I have started!

pickles7, Dec 16, 8:39am
yep. You may get a whole pile in your mail box.
I don't post anything in my blogs that I personally have not made. They are more for myself and family members, although others can see them, my counter tells me so.

sheepey, Dec 16, 8:49am
Hopefully it will be a hit, thanks.

fisher, Dec 16, 12:54pm
Well every time someone mentions the site to download trade me cooks old site from. some one immediately chimes in stating its on Facebook run by winnie . Obviously my link is no longer required and I did say I would leave it there for a year to help out and its been a long time over that.
I have taken it off the site so it can now be obtained exclusively from Facebook as required. I hope the link has been of benefit for those that wanted it.

buzzy110, Dec 16, 8:07pm
Yes. It would be very pleasant if you went over to sheepy's site and left us to get on with it.

winnie231, Dec 16, 8:20pm
I set up the facebook group because the trademe rules prohibit people from posting personal contact details here . which is fine BUT .
throughout the year some good folks have had too much veges or fruit and have offered to give them away to other cooks but had no way of getting in touch.
Also cyber-friendships formed here have spilled over into real life.
Hence the facebook group was born.
It is simply a way to be in contact with each other without breaking TM rules.
You are welcome to share recipes there, list veges/books/etc you want to give away . share stories, photos . you get the picture :)
There is a link to the trademecooks recipe download. Also a link to fisher's recipe site which is an excellent collection of recipes & one I still use & refer others too.
Sheepy - you are most welcome to join the FB group & put a link to your blog there too.

sheepey, Dec 16, 8:29pm
hi fisher thank you I had a look at your site yesterday from trademe cooks.
Would you mind if I try and put the reipes on my blog as well.

cookessentials, Dec 16, 8:37pm
leave you to get on with ruining the recipe section for everyone else, somehow, I dont think so

buzzy110, Dec 16, 8:48pm
Then you should at least be prepared to be more pleasant and less fractious with those who want to talk about something other than your daily doings in Masterton and your interminable weather reports.

In this forum it wants to control the tone, the content and push her wares. All her friends will come on and use bullying tactics to try and remove others it doesn't like because of their opinions. I hope she doesn't do that to your site sheepey.

sheepey, Dec 16, 9:11pm
don't see how she can shut down a blog if that is what she wants to do

sheepey, Dec 16, 9:13pm
don't see why we can't have more than one site for recipes if people are interested in cooking
They will be different and have different recipes etc