5 bean mix.

korbo, Dec 14, 6:40am
Opened a tin of 5 bean mix tonight for side dish, it was a little bland, and I wondered if anyone had a recipe to make it a bit more like Mr KFC's bean salad.thanks.

dreamers, Dec 14, 8:01am
I usually fine chop an onion,add chop capscium and a tin of kidney beans and some balsamic and olive oil

roundtop, Dec 14, 8:03am
i always add chilli sauce,red onion,celery,red peppers spring onion and it real good,i drain off half the juice of the tin first

duckmoon, Dec 14, 8:05am
My bean salad recipe is.

One tin of butter beans ('drained)
One tin of chickpeas ( drained)
One tin of baked beans
One tin of whole kernel corn ( drained)
One tin of tomatoes
Half a chopped red onion
Mix and serve with balsamic vingear and olive oil

duckmoon, Dec 14, 8:06am
That combination might give you some ideas how to make five bean mix more interesting

korbo, Dec 14, 9:20am
thanks, i put the other 1/2 of tin into a bowl, and have added bal vinegar and some cider . will taste in the morning.

korbo, Dec 14, 7:30pm
just tried this, and its not tooooo bad, wuld like it a bit more tasty tho.

245sam, Dec 14, 7:41pm
korbo, the bean salad I make is very like KFC's bean salad but I don't use a canned bean mix - it's red kidney beans (canned or home cooked - usually the latter), green beans, yellow wax/butter beans, cubed onion, cubed green capsicum and the dressing is a mix of sugar, cider vinegar, oil, salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper.:-))

korbo, Dec 20, 9:39am
thanks all.

smileeah, Dec 20, 10:22am
I made a bean salad recently with these ingredients and even though I don't usually like kidney beans I really enjoyed the salad. if you search for KFC bean salad on here you will find the amounts.
I can recommend Signature Range canned beans over the watties brand as they are firmer and more suitable for salad. Well that was my experience anyway.

kokopuff, Dec 21, 1:22am
I got this recipient off a web site tastes like KFC bean salad.
1 16oz can green beans
1 16oz can wax beans
1 16oz can kidney beans
1 med green pepper sliced and chopped.
1 med white onion sliced and chopped
dressing
1/2c vege oil
1/2c cider vinegar
3/4c sugar
1 1/2 tsp blk pepper.
Drain and rinse kidney beans well. Drain additional beans and combine all ingredients together. Marinate and refrigerate overnight. Makes about 7c.