Taking a plate - has to be savoury

tiggy2u, Dec 13, 5:36am
x1
what would you take!Everyone else is taking stuff like cheerios or sausage rolls - must be something better I could take!

mazzy1, Dec 13, 5:40am
Lightly toasted focaccia rounds, cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers! This is my usual offering lately and is always eaten!

teddy147, Dec 13, 5:41am
salmon and cream cheese rolls are very nice and can be grilled and eaten hot if wished.
1 can salmon
1 carton 250gr cream cheese
rind and juice of 1 lemon
black pepper
hand foll of parsley
put all into a blender and mix til it make a paste, spread on bread with crusts cut off and roll.

kaylin, Dec 13, 5:41am
x1
pinwheel scones.

kaylin, Dec 13, 5:42am
Oh - those yummy things in pastry.

1 flat sheet of pastry, sprinkle on either marmite and cheese, or crushed pineapple and cheese.Roll up, cut into sausage roll type things, then bake.good warm or cold.

craig04, Dec 13, 5:44am
savoury mini muffins filled with cream cheese/smoked salmon, mini quiches

tiggy2u, Dec 13, 5:44am
some great ideas!

gardie, Dec 13, 7:58am
cut a sheet of puff pastry into small rounds and top with some pesto, a slice of tomato and some feta cheese.Cook till puffed and browned.An Annabel Langbein idea.

fisher, Dec 13, 10:28am
Make some mini spring rolls.chicken wings.smothered in sticky sauce.

kinna54, Dec 13, 8:01pm
x2
Mini club sandwiches; asparagus rolls; chicken, frilly lettuce and mayo rolls or salmon frilly lettuce cream cheese rolls (made in the same way as asparagus rolls, eaten cold)Prawns wrapped in bacon; mini croissants filled with bacon and cheese (serve hot)crostini and dips or antipasto platter.

pickles7, Dec 13, 8:41pm
Flat bread wraps
1 can salmon
1 carton 250gr cream cheese
rind and juice of 1 lemon
black pepper
hand full of parsley
mix together a little, spread on sheets of flat bread ,throw over other bits, chopped celery, onions, tomato, capsicums, lettuce, etc,, roll and slice into bite size pieces. tooth pick them if you need to.
Ham, asparagus, cream cheese, tomato.
crab meat, lettuce, mayo, tomato.

There is getting to be too much pastry and fried foods at functions these days.

dbab, Dec 13, 9:29pm
A slice of cucumber, a slice of tomato on top of that, and a cube of feta cheese on top of the tomato.
Very refreshing and colourful.

ruby2shoes, Dec 13, 9:33pm
ooh, that sounds nice.

I'm a club sammy fan, cheese and onion on one layer please!Lot of mucking around, but if you make 'em, I'll eat 'em.

arielbooks, Dec 14, 12:08am
At this time of year I like to make a silverbeet and feta cheese slice. The silverbeet is bolting so I don't waste it.

Fry some one onions and I usually add cumin seeds but fennel or caraways are good too. Add finely shredded silverbeet and chopped parsley. Put lid on to sweat, then cool. While cooling beat eggs, add crumbled feta which can be stretched with cottage cheese, season with salt and pepper and nutmeg if you have. Pour into prepared pastry base and bake at a moderate heat until cooked usually about 40 minutes.

It can be served hot or cold.

uli, Dec 14, 1:11am
- cucumber slices topped with cream cheese and smoked salmon with a toothpick through the lot

- chicken nibbles or drumsticks with soy/sesame oil/ginger sauce roasted in a big dish

- cream cheese/chilli/nut truffles

- large frittata cut into squares

- huge plate of freshly cooked mussles with lime/chilli drizzle

- can add a basket of sliced fresh breads (real ones, not the supermarket variety) to any of the above so the carb lovers have something to mop the sauces up with.

buzzy110, Dec 14, 3:11am
Stuffed eggs or even plain boiled eggs.

roundtop, Dec 14, 8:10am
homemade sushi would be gd

uli, Dec 15, 4:03am
So what did you take tiggy2u!

uli, Dec 16, 3:47am
what would you take! tiggy2u.
So what DID you take!

charolaisone, Dec 16, 7:17am
you can buy premade yorkshire puddings from freezer department, you can fill them with cream cheese, tomato relish, beef from deli department, parmesan, and parsley, a great hit with everyone :-)