Do pav's always crack!

pheebs1, Dec 12, 12:32am
dont cool it down to quickly leave in the oven with the door slightly ajar may help this
failing that monstrous piles of whipped bream andfruit will hide any cracks
and lets be honest it will be gone in mins so who cares!
enjoy

susieq9, Dec 12, 2:12am
You could turn it upside down and then pile on whipped cream. Also, you could peel off the cracked bit of pav, fill with whipped cream and then put the crunchy bits back on top.

annie.nz, Dec 12, 4:37am
If mine don't crack during cooking I usually smash the top anyway, or the cream, which I whip quite loosely, can tend to slide off.

If it's really bad, just reconstruct it roughly, especially the sides if they're broken, then put the cream on, which covers the top.

I dropped one last year getting the baking paper off the bottom and it smashed, but put it back together again and no-one noticed (except the people in the kitchen howling with laughter at the time).

wynyard, Dec 12, 5:02am
Mmm yum they dont last long in this family thats for sure.

kernal1, Dec 12, 5:20am
As others have said 'does it matter'! Maybe cooked a little too quick, not beaten long enough.sugar/caster sugar should be completely disolved.I beat for near 30mins in an old Kenwood.
I also just pile on a piece of greaseproof, higher and smaller as it does spread a little, usea wet knife to shape,and when cooked very easy to turn over, any split is then on the bottom unseen and paper peels off very easily.

scarlettnz, Dec 12, 5:23am
Who cares if it cracks!As others have said you can easily disguise them with lashings of whipped cream.What is much more difficult to recover from is when the dratted thing doesn't rise.My one and only attempt resulted in a pav which was one inch high standing on tippy toes.Never again lol.Now I just buy them from Cowells.It's much easier :-)