Gluten Free Sausages

very_hotpants, Dec 4, 5:51am
that are child friendly.
Have tried a few from butchers but are to salty and lumpy. Anyone know where I can onces more fine and more like normal sausages!
I live in auckland so online shops would be good as well.

starcrazd, Dec 4, 6:03am
I am pretty sure some of the hellers sausages you can get just from the supermarket are gluten free.

lodgelocum, Dec 4, 6:09am
Aussie butcher sells gluten free sausages

very_hotpants, Dec 4, 6:12am
Thanks for that - looked on their website and there are some under family favourites. I had looked at the supermarket on the labels but all had wheat cereal in.

motorbo, Dec 4, 6:39am
hellers do do gluten free pre cooked sausages and they are rather good ,,,and yes kids will like them.in bulk bags in meat dept.

sarahb5, Dec 4, 8:23am
They are the only pre-cooked sausages I will buy - they're actually pretty tasty

very_hotpants, Dec 4, 9:18am
We tried them DD spat them out, but DS loved them. I am begining to think that he likes all GF food. At least DD is trying the "new foods" and I know we will get there. We have still to see the dietician. Its just hard for her to understand.

aw217, Dec 4, 10:07am
We love th hellers ones, we always used to eat them before we discovered that one of us was Coeliac!

motorbo, Dec 4, 6:20pm
i agree sarah and i know non gluten free folks that buy and luv them too

fauna1, Dec 4, 6:45pm
There are some European* ones that I like but they might be a little tasty for small kids. Not labelled as GF but pure meat - no filler. Also my Pac&Save(Rotorua) make their own, nearest to normal sausages I've found but pricey (like all GF)* Just found a packet in deepfreeze Hellers 'sensational thins' Nurenburg, they ARE labelled GF & dairy free but very small printing

herika, Dec 4, 10:23pm
I too can vouch for the Hellers GF sausages, we like the ones with basil in :)