Christmas fruit mince

suckerman, Nov 26, 3:58am
Can't find it in the shops, any ideas where I can buy some please !

harrislucinda, Nov 26, 4:16am
shouldbeoutnowwith all theotherxmasfoodswhatshopdidyou try

chooky, Nov 26, 4:35am
I brought mine about a month ago, from New World, just mixed it with some stew apple and brandy today and will make my pies up tomorrow. I found on a thread here today when I was havng a look. Xmas ball, so have made them up and put in freezer. Like a truffle, dip in chocolate before the day. They were yummy before I put them in the freezer and before they are chocolate dipped.

suckerman, Nov 27, 5:29am
Thanks, I tried at New World, they had everything Christmassy except the mince! I heard a rumour that Ernest Adams have stopped making it.
Truffles sound yummo!

redhotkiwi, Nov 27, 8:51am
last year i just bought a 1kg bag of fruit mix and put in the food processor and added a dash of whisky and used that for my pies. It was great and went a long way. Far cheaper than fruit mince.

cookessentials, Nov 27, 9:42pm
I just make my own.it is so much nicer. My recipe is on the Great Christmas thread.

cookessentials, Nov 27, 9:45pm
Here it is for you
Spiced Fruit Mince 750g sultanas;750g raisins,chopped;450g currants;500g seeded dates,chopped;500g seeded prunes,chopped;400g green skinned apples,peeled,grated;200g brown sugar;2 tbsp finely grated orange rind;1 tbsp mixed spice;2 tsp ground cloves;1/2 cup plum jam;375ml brandy. Mix all together in a lge bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.Store in cool dark place or fridge for 3 days before using. Can be kept under refrigeration for up to six months.

sarahb5, Nov 27, 10:19pm
Sounds yummy but I thought you said the mince pies had 13 ingredients or does the pastry count as one!

kazf, Nov 27, 10:40pm
Look in the baking aisle not with the Christmas stuff.