Ice Cream Maker advice

jen69, Nov 15, 12:02am
What type of ice cream maker would you recommend! You see a lot of second hand Sunbeam Snowy's for saleon TM but what are they like, and why is everyone selling theirs!!The Cuisinart seem to have good reviews. Thanks for any advice or brand suggestions from your experiences. Cheers

flower-child01, Nov 18, 9:29am
Mine is a Snowy and it is great. I got mine from here and have never regretted buying it,

gennie, Nov 18, 9:31am
we have a cusinart and have no complaints.Do a really good strawberry (or other fruit) sorbet in it.So yummy and no fat and less calories than regular ice cream

iriegirl, Nov 19, 12:45am
jen69, big tick here for cuisinart as well, just got an email from the link below the other day for these funky colored ones, very cool and at a great price!
http://www.home-essentials.co.nz/SearchResult.aspx!Search=ice cream

suzieq, Nov 23, 7:41am
Hi jen69,i have a cuisiart ice cream maker now too.What do they mean by heavy cream? it says to use it in the recipe. what do you use ?

jen69, Nov 27, 4:12am
Good to know the Snowy works well.Think I am tempted togo with the Cuisinart -I see that The Scullery in Hamilton have the 1.5 and 2L on special at the moment so may go mad and splurge on that! Thanks again.

orion2, Nov 27, 5:22am
Just brought the snowy yesturday and love it.we made strawberry ice cream today and it was so creamy absolutly lovely.

timturtle, Nov 27, 8:29am
can you post the recipe you used ! TIA

michelle313, Nov 27, 8:58am
Those of you that have an maker.Hhow much do you find you're spending for the cost of ingredients!I want to cash in my Flybuys for the Snowy but hubby seems to think it will cost more for the ingredients than actually buying a tub of ice cream.

orion2, Nov 27, 10:07am
Do you have the recipes that came with the Snowy!If so we did the quick vanilla ice cream and added a tin of strained, mashed strawberrys to it.I think we added them a bit early but it was so yummy.It may cost more for the ingrediants but it is such a nice ice cream and you can add to it a wide range of fruits etc, well worth it.Hubby mention rum and raison so that might be worth a go.