Jaffa cake recipe

chaz_alexis, Nov 14, 11:29pm
hi there does any1 have a good jaffa cake recipe! not 1 with cocoa in it but with choc drops,dh has decided this is the cake he wants for his bday friday thanx

bronglen, Nov 15, 12:30am
I have a jaffa cup cake recipe, you could make it into a cake, do you want me to put it up on here

bronglen, Nov 15, 12:38am
here it is

2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/2 to 3/4 c sugar
1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c chocolate chips (I always put more than this)
1 cup Fanta (any orange fizzy drink)
1 large egg

Put flour, sugar, salt and choc chips in bowl and mix with fork to combine.

Put oil, fanta and egg into another bowl and whisk with fork until mixed.

Put liquid into dry ingredients, fold together.

Bake 180 C for 10-15 minutes (this is for the cupcakes, I don't know how to convert it for a cake)

245sam, Nov 15, 12:46am
There is no oil quantity shown in the above recipe but for anyone wishing to try this recipe, there is a recipe in Alison Holst's "More Marvellous Muffins" book for Easy Jaffa Muffins and the quantities are exactly the same except that Alison's recipe includes "¼ cup oil, preferably canola".Alison's recipe also includes a note that to serve the muffins "the day they are made. Freeze extra muffins in plastic bags. Put them, frozen, in school lunches, to thaw during the morning".:-))

245sam, Nov 15, 12:53am
chaz_alexis, you might like to try this oldie but goodie recipe that can be made into a cake of pretty much any flavour of choice.

“PERFECT CAKE”
½ cup (125g) butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1¾ cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup milk

Cream the butter and sugar. Add the beaten eggs, then the sifted flour and baking powder. Lastly add the milk.
Bake at 180ºC for about 30 minutes.
Variation: Make a chocolate cake, lemon cake, orange cake, marble cake, or…. e.g. for a Coffee Cake - add 2 tbsp coffee essence and adjust the milk quantity to be ½ cup minus 2 tbsp.

To make a Jaffa Cake I suggest that orange juice is used instead of all or part of the milk quantity and add chocolate chips/drops.

Hope that helps.:-))

chaz_alexis, Nov 15, 1:54am
cool thanx guys sorry was at school watching my daughter do her running race