Crayfish how do you cook yours & what

tishan, Nov 14, 9:27pm
do you have it with, im lucky to have one and am wondering if there are tried and true recipes of different ways to have it

craig04, Nov 14, 9:32pm
Stab it through the head, then boil it. Split it down the middle to serve and have some pliers or a nut cracker to open the legs (they taste the best). I like garlic butter or sweet chilli sauce to dip the meat in. My dad likes the 'mustard' which is the yellow/brown stuff in the head and thorax so he dips the meat in that.

tishan, Nov 14, 9:36pm
yeap my husband is the same, would you recommend making a chowder with the tail ive never tried myself but think it might be nice

craig04, Nov 14, 9:41pm
Never tried to cook anything else with it - crays are a rarity in our house so they get scoffed whole! If I ever got a whole lot at once I might try something like that though - I imagine it would make a nice chowder. You could try it mornay too

tishan, Nov 14, 9:44pm
ill have to google that lol im not to sure what that is but thanx

sarahb5, Nov 14, 9:51pm
Same here but we have also split them and chargrilled them with garlic butter on the BBQ just for a bit of variety.Also love aioli as a dipping sauce and hubby likes his with sweet chilli mayo.

tishan, Nov 14, 9:54pm
yum i mite try that too lol this is making me hungry now cant wait for tea

ant_sonja, Nov 14, 10:01pm
my favorite way to eat crayfish is, boiled/shredded and seasoned with salt/pepper and a generous splash of good quality olive oil and a little lemon juice, toss to coat like you would a salad and served chilled with a little Wasabi on the side and some yummy crackers.

tishan, Nov 14, 10:18pm
yum pity ive only got one

seniorbones, Nov 15, 4:08am
Thats their poop!

seniorbones, Nov 15, 4:12am
Split down the middle put on the bbq shell side down smother with lime/chilli butter.devine. I hear my son got some on the weekend but havent seen any yet, then hubby caught a lot of fish so may have to do a swap!

uli, Nov 15, 4:22am
craig04 wrote:My dad likes the 'mustard' which is the yellow/brown stuff in the head and thorax so he dips the meat in that.

seniorbones (495 )5:08 pm, Tue 15 Nov #10 wrote:
Thats their poop!

Since when does poop end up in the head!
Back to school I think LOL :)

nzmaori2, Nov 15, 8:10am
CRAYFISH FETTUCINE cook cray cut it up cook your pasta in fry pan heat small bottle of cream with pesto and some tomato puree add pasta and cray then your done yum ass

chrissie91, Nov 15, 10:00am
bring sea water to the boil, drop crayfish in and boil for 8 minutes. Mind you have killed cray fish as described by craig o4.