potato bake dish

raewyn64, Mar 27, 1:05am
My cousin made a dish at Christmas with sliced potatoes baked in packet of onion soup and I think it was milk or cream but I can't remember which or how much of the milk/cream I should use for one packet of onion soup.
Anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks

winnie231, Mar 27, 1:26am
raewyn - just type potato bake into the search function on the left & select 'anytime' ... lots of threads & I'm sure one of the recipes will suit you.

twinsforus, Mar 27, 8:14am
I use one packet of bacon and onion soup, one 300ml bottle of cream which can be thinned slightly with milk if needed. I combine the 2 about 30 minutes before I put the potatoes in the oven, but don't think its a necessary step. Sprinkle of cheese and breadcrumbs on top... very nice! ! !

00755, Mar 27, 10:30am
i do a roast pan and use 3 onion soups and 3 small bottles of cream

smudgie5, Mar 27, 10:44am
Boil some spuds, and while they are boling, chop up an onion and 3 rashers of bacon and put in microwave for 1min approx, the add one bottle of cream and a packet of leek and potato soup mix and stir to combine, then when the spuds have cooked cut them into bite size pieces and put in casserole dish, add the mixture and top with grated cheese and bake in oven for about half hour, then stand bout 10mins before serving.
ITS SOOOO SCRUMMY! ! best potato bake i have ever tried.

kiwibunz, Mar 27, 11:20am
I just thinly slice uncooked potato and layer it in a dish and put finely chopped onion and garlic on top, sprinkle some rosemary on as well and salt and pepper. I repeat the layer of potato and so on, ending with a layer of potato and pour a small bottle of cream over it all.

cookessentials, Dec 9, 4:43pm
This is a really tasty alternative.
"Pam's creamy potatoes" recipe.

25g butter, melted;1 clove garlic, crushed;1/4 tsp nutmeg;2 cups grated tasty cheese; 1 kg potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly;2 eggs, lightly beaten;1x 300ml carton cream;1 cup milk;1/2 cup stale breadcrumbs;fresh herbs to garnish.
combine melted butter, garlic and nutmeg in a bowl. Brush a shallow oven proof dish with half the butter mixture. Sprinkle half the cheese over the base and layer the potato slices. Combine remaining butter mix, eggs, cream and milk in a jug and pour gently over potato slices. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs ( I dont usually bother with the breadcrumbs) Bake in hot oven - 200C for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. (Cover with foil if top becomes too brown.