Gas ovens

carriebradshaw, Oct 21, 7:58am
We need to buy a new oven and am thinking of buying a gas one.Have cooked with gas before and liked it.
Does anyone have have any recommendations!Any brands to avoid!

jessie981, Oct 21, 8:20am
Check out Comsumer Website

carriebradshaw, Oct 21, 8:25am
Thanks,but was hoping for some personal recommendations.

mamaa, Oct 21, 8:31am
I have used gas for 30 years now.Just a family home.Upgraded to new stove about 5 years ago,as ours was just worn out,it lasted so well.Got a Westinghouse Freestyle.I looked at numerousfancy gas ovens and tops,but settled for the above, as solid with cast iron top.It also has the seperate grill under the elements.I use this all the time, just fabulous.And it is a thermowave.Cost us about 2 thousand I think, but if it also lasts another 25 years, it sure will of done its job.Some of the real fancy modern ones seem just so junky to me. But I am no expert.In 5 years with the new one I am thrilled.

shop-a-holic, Oct 21, 8:40am
Hey doll - I have a severe and allergic reaction to gas ovens.
In all my experience, I have not achieved the results from gas as opposed to other forms of energy. The waste product from natural gas or LPG is water (H20). Cakes soggy, Roasts / Baking/ even more pitiful.
Believe me when I say.that 95% of all house fires after an earthquake are due to Gas lines to the home.

carriebradshaw, Oct 21, 8:09pm
Thanks mamaa and shop-a-holic.Anyone else with recommendations or ones to avoid!

kran32, Oct 21, 8:15pm
Gas gets the thumbs up in this home.Our cooktop is gas with an electric oven.Love the easy instant up and down heat of the elements.When I cook at my parents' house, they have an all electric oven, and I find things can burn easily as turning an element down is not instant.Our 9 kg gas bottle is piped to the outside of the house so the bottle is really safe.We go through two fill-ups in a year so it's not expensive.We have a Classique.