Pressure Cooker Chicken recipes

churchmousenz, Oct 7, 3:08am
Has anyone got any yummy chicken recipes for a pressurecooker please and thanks

lilyfield, Oct 7, 3:37am
I would never cook chicken in a pressure cooker. You will end up with mince. It cooks in 10 minutes on the stove anyway.

davidt4, Oct 7, 4:29am
A pressure cooker might be quite handy for making boiling fowls into soup or stock.

chrissie91, Oct 7, 4:34am
Hi there. I always use my pressure cooker to cook chicken for stews, or curried chicken. I put chicken, whole, in the cooker, and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes, take it out, let it cool, then strip the meat off it. It has never turned to mince as some one said. I cut the meat up, pop back into the pressure cooker with onions etc and cook for around 15 min approx, I dont pressurise at this point. We had a shop once and made home made chicken pies (curry) also did steak pies,, stew made in pressure cooker.I have been cooking with my Presteige Pressure cooker for over 30 years, love it.You will get the hang of it.All the best. Have a look in recipe book or on the net for recipe, any will do.

churchmousenz, Oct 7, 7:22am
Thank You. I have now brought The New Zealand Pressure Cooker CookBook by Lisa Loveday and it has some lovely ones in it so will try the Lemon and herb Chicken one as that sounds lovely and is a whole chicken so must be okay and not turn to stew.

skye7, Oct 7, 8:36am
I use my pressure cooker to cook chicken and often use Lisa Loveday's recipes, never had a disaster yet and the chicken is always moist and delicious.

schnauzer11, Oct 8, 4:28am
Hooray for pressure-cookers! Have just taken the corned-beef out of my old faithful model.The beef nearly falls apart.

churchmousenz, Oct 8, 6:54am
Made Lisa Lovedays roast beef (topside) in it last night and it was yummy.
Thanks Skye7 I cant wait to do the chicken ones but will be a few days now before I can once I have had my knee surgery done on Monday Morning. Not prepared to let huubby loose with it yet lol.

melford, Oct 8, 8:09am
Could you please post Lisa Lovedays Roast beef topside recipe!

melford, Oct 9, 8:42am
bumping for churchmousenz