Freestanding ovens gas-electric any recommended!

vwork, Oct 6, 10:14am
Hi, our oven has rust holes inside and i cook everything on fan bake highest setting at the moment! We have a alcove that would fit a 90cm wide and then some - so i guess we may as well go for the wide oven! And want gas top electric oven. And not to spend more than $2500 really. Had eye on a Delonghi for $1990 at LV Martin but it just seems to have disappeared from the market. Anyone got a recommendation (we don't want a fish burner in the middle - wouldn't use that would we!!) We do use woks often.

knowsley, Oct 6, 5:50pm
I have put Delonghi ovens into a few of the houses I built, and have never had any issues with them. Usually they are the base model, $2000ish ones.

vwork, Oct 9, 6:27am
Have now been browsing and come across Award as an option $2699 (however that's in a brochure so have not found where to view them yet) and also Indesit $2500 or so which was a nice looking oven - with a smaller capacity interior which may suit us as a family of 2 better than the big space (heating that big capacity each time for small meals seems a little inefficient). Still hard to decide!

vwork, Oct 9, 8:51am
Have discounted Award - the model had no clock/timer on a display. So now it's between Indesit at $2199 (good part being the price) or really extend our cost plans and go for the Bosch 900 wide on mega special for $3299 - (which I know is a premium oven but we weren't expecting to spend that much). If i knew we could easily take it with us if we moved i'd get that - but with Gas Electric we're going to build cabinets around it - i don't think that's really an option. If the Indesit is a good oven I'd be happy with it I think. Anyone got one!

knowsley, Oct 9, 9:01am
Elliehen has one:

"grannymum wrote:

Elliehen are you happy with your Indesit!

Very happy, but then I'm no Masterchef.

I wanted one that looked good (SS and black) and worked well without bells and whistles (no fan-bake on my model). I didn't want it to have an upstand with knobs at the back, preferring it to look more like an inbuilt one. I like the European design.

The only thing I had to get used to was that the knobs turn from low to high anti-clockwise ;)"

I have some Bosch appliances (and a lot of their power tools!) and am very happy with them. I would say the Bosch would be a better oven.

elliehen, Oct 9, 10:22am
True, I have one and am pleased with it.

I have a Bosch state-of-the-art dishwasher and if I'd had an unlimited budget, I might have gone with the Bosch stove.

jojo781, Oct 10, 12:04am
I have a Smeg 90cm and its fantastic. We paid 2100 for it

elliehen, Oct 10, 1:34am
vwork, if you put 'oven' into a search in Gardening & DIY and click 'Last Year', you'll find lots of chat about preferred stoves and things that can go wrong with them.

Try a separate search with 'stove' also.There's lots of helpful comment.