Lean red meat!

mkmakeover, Oct 5, 5:13am
I am trying to eat healthy and follow an eating plan given to me by my gym. I have heard the term lean red meat heaps but don't really know what meats it is. Can it be any red meat and you just cut off the fat! or is it just certain cuts of meat! Thanks

motorbo, Oct 5, 5:37am
cut the fat off.and buy the better mince

bedazzledjewels, Oct 5, 5:49am
Most meat you buy these days is ridiculously lean. It's really hard to find meat with good fat on it anymore.

rainrain1, Oct 5, 5:58am
venison is a good lean meat

bedazzledjewels, Oct 5, 5:59am
Kangaroo, if you can find it too.

bisloy, Oct 5, 7:50am
Goat or rabbit - solves two problems!

otterhound, Oct 5, 8:06am
Horse is extremely lean - we only use the eye fillets though, and cook them like a good eye fillet of beef.Horse has no fat through the meat whatsoever.

mkmakeover, Oct 5, 8:31am
Horse! Well I won't be eating kangaroos, horses, goats or rabbits. I will just cut the fat off :)

lythande1, Oct 5, 6:14pm
Why not! Horses, goats and veal are the cheapest these days.

otterhound, Oct 5, 10:49pm
Have eaten all of these, and rabbit is the only one I wouldn't bother with again - unless someone else cooks it.=)Love roo tail stew - much like oxtail stew.And capretto chops (goat) were just delicious!

beaker59, Oct 5, 11:28pm
Goat is quite expensive in the shops too unfortunately around here though all they cost me is a few 6.5 x 55 shells and a fair bit of gas.

visionspring, Oct 6, 12:44am
Eye fillet beef is quite lean - great sliced thin and marinated, then used in asianystir fries.