Taking frozen Whitebait to OZ

mokaubach, Oct 3, 4:22am
x2
Any special tricks needed to placate the OZ customs anyone!.

tahnasha, Oct 3, 4:38am
Nope, just put it in a small chilly bin, and make sure you put plenty of ice in it, and don't forget to declare it.

marob2, Oct 3, 7:17am
Check with Australian authorities as we had some frozen (for months) commercially grown raspberries taken off us as we did not have the correct paper work !

Edited for spelling mistake.

shop-a-holic, Oct 3, 7:51am
You will have to seal your pottles beforehand; and then find a way to maintain the condition of the product on arrival at the border. As with any food item going into Aust; you'll have to declare it, and also be prepared if they take it off you.

nzkea1, Oct 3, 8:05am
x2
You can bring frozen whitebait into Australia no problem at all as we have done, we have never required any paperwork when bringing food into Australia and we bring food every time we come over.Amongst the food we have brought here is Salmon, Whitebait, New Zealand Cheeses, Frozen freshly caught fish, Frozen Paua, Pottles of NZ Green Lip Mussels, Venison purchased from New World Supermarket and clearly marked on the packaging, we have even brought Bread from our favourite Bakery in Christchurch (Vic's Bakery).Ensure you declare it all and always package with plenty of ice packs, wrap in newspaper then pop into a polystrene sealed container very easy for Customs to check it all on arrival also.If you bring shellfish do not bring it in the shell as it will definately be confiscated.Good Luck and I am sure the lucky ones receiving the whitebait will enjoy!

r123l, Oct 3, 8:53am
x1
If you are going to take it on board as carry on luggage be very careful with slicker pads etc as these are liquid over 100 mls and could be taken off you at security!The way around this is to check it in if using slicker pads

hotstuff111, Oct 3, 9:26am
x1
check it in your luggage dont risk it carry onand declair on outher side sorry about spelling.

tahnasha, Oct 3, 10:38pm
Yep lots of things you can bring in to Australia as long as you declare it.I got hubby to bring me back New World black pudding last time, he didn't have any problems.