Red velvet cake

Page 2 / 2
lynja, Oct 5, 6:37am
thank you for sharing your recipe kiwitrish, I made the medium size cake for my husbands birthday. what a wonderful texture the cake is. so easy to cut. i did slightly over cook it i think as the top and bottom did overbrown - but easily trimmed off. I will certainly make it again

zizzy41, Oct 5, 9:43pm
ummm! Made 1 yesterday and it's all gone! It was lovely! leogal1 I used the liquid food coloring and it was fine. motorbo its a really lovely texture and tasteslike a lighter mud cake. do try it!

amm5, Oct 7, 5:36am
So which recipe did you use!I might do another one this weekend

zizzy41, Oct 7, 8:21am
I used both yesterday. I have your 1 in the oven now amm5 . I have teenage sons who have lots of teenage friends, so the cakes both disappeared yesterday. Amazing how fast they can eat their way thru lol

seaspray1, Oct 9, 11:37pm
Well, I made our heart attack on a cake plate yesterday.WOW it certainly looks impressive.It is very rich though.Don't think I will be churning them out like banana cakes.Definitely an "occasion" cake.

venom4, Oct 10, 2:15am
I use the bakerella receipe (i havent tried any others) but everyone seems to love it.Over the course of this year i have probably made close to 500 red velvet cupcakes and 1 actual red velvet cake.I think the cupcakes are nicer to each - not so rich (as someone mentioned above).I also modify the icing receipe to the taste i like.But all in all a great cake.

leogal1, Oct 10, 6:59am
Good to hear zizzy41 that the cake turned out well for you - I love Red Velvet cake!

tinawal, Nov 7, 7:19am
Im going to be making one for the first time this week for my BIL wedding cake on sat. I hope i dont stuff it up!