Red Velvet Cake,I think thats what they call it

lucky3211, Mar 28, 6:36am
I tried this yummy cake at xmas and would love the recipe

bridget107, Mar 28, 7:08am
Best cake I've seen! http://www.bakerella.com/red-velvet-cake/ but just make regularly cream cheese icing!

marcs, Mar 28, 9:10am
This is the one I make and you can make this into a cake. Put the mixture in 2 22cm cake tins then sandwich it together.

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Makes 12

Oven: 170c fan forced

60g unsalted butter
150g castor sugar
1 egg

10g cocoa powder
20ml pillar box red food colour
½ tsp vanilla

120ml buttermilk

150g plain flour
½ tsp salt

½ tsp bi carb soda
1 ½ tsp white vinegar

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy in a mixer with paddle attachment.

Add egg and beat it in well

Mix cocoa with food colour, red colour and vanilla into a smooth paste. Add to the sugar/butter mixture and combine till smooth.

Add flour alternating with butter milk to the mixture on slow speed till all combined.

Mix salt, bi carb and vinegar and add to the mixture. It bubbles up so use a biggish bowl.

Mix till all well combined and no lumps.

Scoop into cupcake paper and bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Ice with Vanilla cream cheese icing.

Vanilla Cream Cheese Icing

500g soft cream cheese.
1 ½ cup castor sugar
250g unsalted butter
1 – 2 tsp vanilla

Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth and fluffy. Add butter and vanilla and beat for 5 minutes. Enough icing for 2 – 3 doz cup cakes

leebee35, Apr 1, 7:53am
Ive made this cake this evening -and it does not tell you how to bake it for.I went with an hour being the size of the two cakes.I have never baked two before. so I swapped them around twice within the hour. and darn they sunk in the middle.

Plus the icing I used quality vanilla bean paste -so there is little black flecks.I'm sure it will taste fab. lol

lodgelocum, Apr 1, 8:00am
It says bake for 30 minutes.