Need some inspiration please

pericles, Sep 23, 2:32am
Got to take a veg dish for a family luncheon tomorrow, was thinking along the lines of veg/potato bake

lx4000, Sep 23, 2:42am
thin slices of spuds, sliced onion, silverbeet, thin slices of pumpkin.
Layer with salt and pepper if wished.

Top with grated cheese and pour milk 1/2 up dish and bake. mmMmm

mickey_h, Sep 23, 2:48am
kumara bake!
cook kumara (just boil)
place in dish mix a bottle cream with 1 packet creamy chicken soup mix add red onion over the kumara or mix in up to u add cream mix and cover with cheese bake till golden! i tell u once u make this it will become a regular :P

pericles, Sep 23, 2:55am
both sound very good, many thanks

cookessentials, Sep 23, 3:11am
"Pam's Creamy Potatoes" which, I must say are very very tasty.

25g butter, melted;1 clove garlic,crushed;1/4 tsp nutmeg;2 cups grated tasty cheese; 1 kg potatoes,peeled and sliced thinly;2 eggs,lightly beaten;1x 300ml carton cream;1 cup milk;1/2 cup stale breadcrumbs;fresh herbs to garnish.
combine melted butter,garlic and nutmeg in a bowl. Brush a shallow oven proof dish with half the butter mixture. Sprinkle half the cheese over the base and layer the potato slices. Combine remaining butter mix, eggs, cream and milk in a jug and pour gently over potato slices. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs ( I dont usually bother with the breadcrumbs) Bake in hot oven - 200C for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. (Cover with foil if top becomes too brown.