How to make jelly lamingtons! Please help me

michelle2249, Sep 23, 7:18am
Hi I'm about to make jelly lamingtons I have the jelly made - it's cooled.Do you dip the sponge into the jelly or wait till it's thickened a bit!

elliehen, Sep 23, 7:26am
"Refrigerate [jelly] until set to the consistency of an unbeaten egg white."

michelle2249, Sep 23, 7:41am
thanks - brilliant!

griffo4, Sep 23, 8:48am
l make them and l always have my sponges in the freezer and pull it out just before l cut it up and dip into jelly or choc mix and it stops the sponge sucking up too much liquid and making them really soggy
The sponges don't freeze solid and are easy to cut and then l chuck them all back in the freezer so they are always lamingtons when you need them
There is also a recipe for white chocolate lamingtons on here as well and they are soooo nice

firemansgirl, Sep 23, 9:18am
A friend has an Aunty who made lime jelly lamingtons becaue her daughter doesn't like rapberry or chocolate ones. I was very doubtful but OMG they are so addictive. Oh and she toasts the coconut!

jessie981, Sep 23, 10:21am
And add citric acid to the Jelly, brings out the flavour.

griffo4, Sep 23, 9:55pm
firemansgirl toasted coconut with the white choc ones would be OTT and the lime ones would be so nice as well
l will have to try that but then l will have to hide them from myself,lol

motorbo, Sep 24, 1:47am
never heard of them they sound delish

wildflower, Sep 24, 3:25am
There was a recipe on Stuff for orange lamingtons with jelly a few days ago, I'd never heard of them with jelly until then.

eastie3, Sep 24, 4:02am
The jelly coated ones are the shizz,I really dislike the icing sugar coated versions.Raspberry lamingtons are right up there with lolly cake !

elliehen, Sep 24, 4:08am
eastie, I had to go to the Urban Dictionary for that and it said this:
"Shizz
a. replaces shit in all contexts
b. the coolest
can be used either positively or negatively
a. balls on that shizz, let's bounce
b. beth, you are the shizz"

Now I'm not quite sure whether you like the jelly lamingtons or not ;)

momma1, Sep 24, 10:55pm
i thought the raspberry lamingtons were always been made with jelly and the choc ones with icing mix. I've been making different coloured lamingtons for years. One year I made a birthday cake of choc, lime, orange, raspberry, blueberry and lemon lamingtons and one top of each i put matching smarties or m and m's. Just put the lamingtons in the shape of the age. eg 12, 21, 5 etc

elliehen, Sep 25, 12:10am
Lamington number shape cake.that is a good idea!

vashti, Sep 25, 6:30am
I have made the chocolate lamingtons and they always suck up too much icing mixture. I'm going to try grifo4s way and freeze the sponge first. Thanks.