Absolutly Favourite Crockpot Recipe

Page 3 / 7
nicki5, May 11, 8:09am
how long do you cook it for sparkles? thanks

griffo4, May 11, 9:05am
l would be taking it back or at least inquiring about it from the place you brought it
we just chuck everything in ours and they all cook so there may be something wrong with the crockpot

lindasoptions, May 11, 9:13am
Thanks griffo4I have been wondering about it for a while I can at least try, hope it is still under warranty, all these recipies I am missing out on.

sparkles, May 11, 9:55am
I cooked it for about 5 hours... . it was a wee bit over cooked to be honest (had lost most of its rice texture, went a bit like mashed potatoes)... so next time I will not cook it for as long. (I came home at lunchtime and put it on... left it till tea time. The recipie I found online said cook for about 3 hours.

redrustie, May 11, 10:00am
Guernsey Bean Jar Recipe

1 lb haricot beans (soaked overnight) (i use 3/4 haricot and 1/4 butter beans
1 lb onions chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
1 lb carrots chopped
Thyme, sage, parsley, to taste
1 bacon hock or pigs trotter or marrow bone
Some belly pork or cheap cuts or 1. 5 lb brisket
Stock

Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker (or large casserole or bean jar covered in water in the oven at 150F) for 8 hrs or overnight, adding more boiling water as necessary.

You can add a beef stock cube to the water if you like, don't use too much salt as the bacon can be salty.

Lovely served with a nice fresh crusty loaf or mashed potato and veggies

3amigoes, May 11, 10:37am
What temperature do you cook it on?

susan21, May 11, 7:33pm
I use my crockpot for making soup.
CHICKEN VEGE SOUP

Chicken, bacon, onion, carrot, leek, white wine, potato, corn, celery, lentils, chilli finely chopped, salt and pepper.
Add lots of water, cook on low all day.

lespat, May 11, 10:31pm
Won't the veges turn to mush especially as grated? Sorry, can't quite follow about packing in veges.

..pip.., Jul 6, 10:43pm
Thai Kumara and pork curry

Add all the following to a crock pot/slow cooker and put on low for 7-8 hours.

1kg cubed pork
2 large sweet potato cut to around 3cm cubes
2 carrots cut to 3cm cubes
1 onion diced
1 red chilli deseeded and chopped fine (Add more if you like it hot I only like a touch of heat)
1/4 cup tomato paste
6 kaffir lime leaves (I just use lime leaves off my lime tree)
200ml coconut cream
1/2 cup water
1 chicken oxo cube

Serve with rice and enjoy ;)

chocolate_gran, Jul 9, 12:44am
crockpot lasagne any ideas how to do this please like do you pre cook any thing etc

lizab, Aug 27, 11:16pm
I was looking for a recipe for macaroni cheese in the crockpot and found this thread. Thought it was worth a 'bump' as it is crockpot weather!! :)

gazz, Aug 27, 11:47pm
Please could someone post the Alison Grofton Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding recipe? I wanted to make it today, but our server is down so can't get through to the recipe. Thank you.

gazz, Aug 27, 11:50pm
Opps guess it is google that I can't get acess too. Hope someone else can post that recipie please. Thank you.

uli, Feb 6, 9:18pm
bump for more crockpot recipes

malcovy, Feb 7, 12:12am
There a a few good recipes on here, thanks for bumping Uli.

southbrook1, Feb 7, 1:34am
hi anyone got a good mild beef curry recipe they could add would realy appreciate

books4nz, Mar 7, 3:20am
Bumping for CartoonCath..

Former Trademe recipes are here too:

http://www.votemenot.co.nz/thread/-8582590/crockpot-recipes/

nzhel, Mar 7, 3:54am
I've got layered potatoes in mine right now, - bowl sprayed lightly with oil, layer of sliced potatoes, sprinkling of dried onions, flour, salt & pepper and a generous handful of tasty grated cheese, repeat 2 or 3 times more finishing the flour, seasonings, & tasty cheese etc on top. Pour over a little milk and cook on high for 4-6 hours or so. If your crockpot gets quite hot as opposed to the older Sunbeam models, it may need to be turned down to low for the last hour or two. Sometimes the length of time can vary depending on the potatoes, as some cook quicker than others. Pays to test by poking a sharp knife in the middle to 'feel' if the potatoes are cooked. If not they may need another hour on high. This recipe is 'scrummy' and always enjoyed by all!

lissy73, Mar 7, 7:05am
I do the crockpot rice pudding with 2L milk, 1C rice, 1C sugar, and add cinnamon or vanilla, depending on how I am feeling

books4nz, Mar 8, 3:20am
Bumping for CartoonCath.

Former Trademe recipes are here too:

http://www.votemenot.co.nz/thread/-8582590/crockpot-recipes/

nzhel, Mar 8, 3:54am
I've got layered potatoes in mine right now, - bowl sprayed lightly with oil, layer of sliced potatoes, sprinkling of dried onions, flour, salt & pepper and a generous handful of tasty grated cheese, repeat 2 or 3 times more finishing the flour, seasonings, & tasty cheese etc on top. Pour over a little milk and cook on high for 4-6 hours or so. If your crockpot gets quite hot as opposed to the older Sunbeam models, it may need to be turned down to low for the last hour or two. Sometimes the length of time can vary depending on the potatoes, as some cook quicker than others. Pays to test by poking a sharp knife in the middle to 'feel' if the potatoes are cooked. If not they may need another hour on high. This recipe is 'scrummy' and always enjoyed by all!

la_laa1, Mar 24, 1:29am
Please whats yours? I have people coming for dinner but they have no idea what time so I thought instead of trying to hold the meal for ages, I would do a crockpot dish, then it should still be ok whenever they show up, I'm vain enough to want the food to still be semi fabulous, so any ideas most appreciated even non crockpot ideas, TIA

timetable, Mar 24, 2:39am
my old in a hurry stand by fav:chop up any of the following and throw in with chicken pieces/cassarole or stewing steak/sasauges - chunky chopped carrot/parsnip/kumera/spud/bro-
c/cauli/onion/mixed veg/apple/(apricots with the chicken)/mushrooms/capsicans/f-
resh or tined toms.then i just add any of the following herbs etc: soya sauce/worshire sauce/chilly sauce/hoising sauce/garlic/ginger/mushroom stock/beef stock/cumin/garamasala/etc
then just cover with water and add cornflour mixed in water to a paste and add that before the cooking starts so that the thickening happens as it cooks.put it on as ya walk out the door or head off to bed at night - just lovely....

ee1, Mar 24, 4:42am
chrisynz i hate mine too Food from a crockpot is blech!

crails, Mar 24, 7:49am
Slice and fry 2 onions.Brown lamb chops shoulder or loin, put into crock pot with onions that have been fried, a packet of french onion soup and 1 cup of water.Cook all day on low